Join Early Retirement Today
Old 02-28-2013, 07:53 PM   #21
Recycles dryer sheets
Thanks for all the great advice and heartfelt stories, much to ponder. Spring Break is in two weeks and I plan to hide the alarm clock, hike every day, read a couple books, and do....whatever.

healthyandfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2013, 08:23 PM   #22
Recycles dryer sheets
Originally Posted by JoeWras View Post
+1, you nailed it.

I'm going through some BS at work right now, as upper management argues over empires, we are "on hold." In the past, this only mildly bothered me. Today, I have little tolerance for it.

If management keeps dragging their feet, then the company will falter (again), and they'll probably offer a RIF-layoff-package. Hope I'm eligible for one of them.

I guess I could quit today, but part of the issue is syncing up with the spouse. I guess that's another topic.

Meanwhile, I'm taking all that vacation I have. And, I'm NOT taking any stress medicine anymore. I was because it was precipitated by job anxiety a few years ago (like tyro mentions above).
I just started taking job anxiety medicine. Ugggh. I'm hoping for a laid off myself. My routine now is to go to work and look at my 401k balance and remind myself why I need to put up with the BS.

comicbookgujy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:25 PM   #23
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Originally Posted by comicbookgujy View Post
I just started taking job anxiety medicine.
Jack Daniels or Budweiser?
Numbers is hard.

Retired in 2005 at age 58, no pension

REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:45 PM   #24
Full time employment: Posting here.
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
Jack Daniels or Budweiser?
More likely Xanax/alprazolam.
Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man. ~ The Dude
Tyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:46 AM   #25
Full time employment: Posting here.
Originally Posted by healthyandfun View Post
The last few months have been difficult ones. It seems that the crazies have hit and the BS Bucket is spilling over way too much. I have been doing quite a bit of smiling, nodding my head, trying not to say much, etc. simply to survive a number of very stressful situations. It is getting harder and harder. Suggestions on how to cope or survive would be most appreciated.
I'll tell you what I did and still continue to do today. Some of the posters have mentioned "exercise" and that is a good suggestion.
I started "walking" every day. You would be surprised at how this simple form of exercise can affect you. It is "alone time" when you organize your life in your head and figure out all of your problems and how to deal with them. I would also suggest in inexpensive ipod that you can load with your favorite music so you can really enjoy your time.
I absolutely love this time of day and look forward to it all the time. You should give it a try. I walk 3 miles a day but you can just set the amount of time that you can afford. I would suggest 1/2 hour time frame.
Good luck going forward.

Officially retired........Class of 2011
dessert is offline   Reply With Quote