Budgeting for and during ER

Dang it unclemick, even I wont duct tape $9 shoes a dogs gnawed on and wear 'em!

So let me get this straight.

Unclemick is cheaper than me.

Cut-throat starts more threads and bravely invests in index funds even at nose bleed valuations.

Nords lays himself out on a piece of fiberglass and presents himself to an array of sharks in their home waters like some sort of appetizer sampler plate when I cant even watch a movie with sharks in it without having 2 days of nightmares.

Martha knows more tax law than me and gets her dogs to wear food on their heads.

About all I can say for myself is more weirdo's from this board have offered to have sex with me or show me their 'snakes'.
:p
:LOL:

Oh yeah, and my IQ is higher than john galts. I guess thats something. I wonder what he's going to do when I finally, inexorably, catch him on that worthless post count thing? Hmmm...

th said:
. . .

So let me get this straight.

. . .About all I can say for myself is more weirdo's from this board have offered to have sex with me or show me their 'snakes'.
:p
:LOL:

Oh yeah, and my IQ is higher than john galts.  I guess thats something.  I wonder what he's going to do when I finally, inexorably, catch him on that worthless post count thing?  Hmmm...
Oh, big deal. My snake has a higher IQ than john galt and the president put together*.

----------
* As tested by the Diamondback-Binet IQ test. :D :D :D

- SG said:
Oh, big deal. My snake has a higher IQ than john galt and the president put together*.

----------
* As tested by the Diamondback-Binet IQ test. :D :D :D

And he spits milk, too!

Th, well if you stopped describing yourself as a linebacker, maybe the membership wouldn't get so hot and bothered! ;)

Yeah, so I put duct tape on Martha's slippers ten years ago (I retread yearly). But I haven't done mine yet. Do I get any status outa this mess? Plus, my snake can wink AND deal with snow at the same time--without any training.

Ah, but does your snake leave "tracks" in the snow??

No, wait, that was a dragon... :crazy:

Duct tape is one of humankind's greatest achievements! 8)

th said:
Oh yeah, and my IQ is higher than john galts.  I guess thats something.  I wonder what he's going to do when I finally, inexorably, catch him on that worthless post count thing?  Hmmm...

You may pass me on the post count, but content? Not a chance!
th..........totally hooey? :)

JG

Apocalypse . . .um . . .SOON said:
Yeah, so I put duct tape on Martha's slippers ten years ago (I retread yearly).

I loved those slippers, but the bottoms wore out. Still have them. Duct tape and all.

My budget got a boost this week. While doing my errands on my bike, I found, 3 nickels, 3 dimes and 2 quarters. The streets of my city are indeed paved with money.

Right now, the smallest coin I stop for are nickels. If I can easily figure out how to attach duct tape to my front wheel, I would be able to pick up the tons of pennies I pass by, without stopping. :D

MJ :D

MJ (still permanently unemployed) said:
My budget got a boost this week. While doing my errands on my bike, I found, 3 nickels, 3 dimes and 2 quarters. The streets of my city are indeed paved with money.

Right now, the smallest coin I stop for are nickels. If I can easily figure out how to attach duct tape to my front wheel, I would be able to pick up the tons of pennies I pass by, without stopping.  :D MJ :D
Good on ya, MJ. Just don't get squashed by a FedEx truck while you're practicing your aerobic stretching. I wish I had a bicycle or car-window attachment that would scoop up the empty cans & bottles laying by the road. (Another Lazy Entrepreneur idea, guys-- just send me your first production model for testing.)

During our evening walks spouse and I stop at a construction lot on our street. (The lot probably sold for a quarter million and the house will cost at least as much. At which point the package will be worth $750K.)

The lot has a worker's picnic table & trash can set up along one side and of course I've been diving the trash can for HI-5 redeemables. We average a six-pack half-dozen containers a day. (Memo to self-- don't hire this contractor.)

Last night the trash can was empty but another trash bag had been set up alonside it and was filled with the empties. I think they've noticed the scavenging and decided to help out an obviously derelict surf bum with his homeless budget.

It'll be interesting to see what's there tomorrow night...

Do they still call it a snake when its that little? Does that even qualify for worm status? ;)

Nords...I recently cut my way into the air space under the bathroom platform tub in my house and discovered about 35 empty beer cans. Guess that keeps the boss from seeing them, seal up your empties inside the walls! Now a lot of little oddities involved in my home construction are explained.

Johnny...you have content? I thought you were nothing more than a mystery writer...

Nords said:
Just don't get squashed by a FedEx truck while you're practicing your aerobic stretching.

Nords,

That would be a neat trick.
I sometimes pratice trying to reach down to the ground while riding the bike to see how close I get w/o losing my balance. Closest I get is 3 to 5 inches. Not quite limber enough to pick up a penny on the move. :D Maybe someday, when I'm 65. ;)

I found a penny today !! I'm still looking for that wad of cash that falls out of somebody's pocket. Haven't found it yet but I keep looking.

I found beer cans in my gutters when we moved into this house. Pissed me off....actually the gutters were clogged with clumps of cement and beer cans.

Cut-throat starts more threads and bravely invests in index funds even at nose bleed valuations.

TH,

Just to set the record straight. I have reduced my Stock Holdings from 80% in in 2003 to about 55% in 2005. - I am not investing any new 'New' money in stocks for the last year and a half. I am not selling any however. I maintain my 55% Stocks 45% Bonds portfolio. My stocks were all mostly purchased in the Cheap times of the 1980's.

If I were a market timer (which I am not), I would sell all of my stock holdings (this to me is a bullish signal, as I am usually wrong).
All I aim to do is maintain my stock/bond holding. When I hit age 60 in about 6 years. I will back down to 50% Stocks and 50% Bonds. I am on the 110-Age for stock allocation program.

So, I am not Buying Stocks, I am just maintaining my portfoilo postion. The same may be said of Warren Buffet who is also not Selling in major quantities. He's just not buying - He's just holding.

Back
Top Bottom