Buffett makes Astrid Menks an honest woman.

Nords

Moderator Emeritus
I'll be darned-- Happy birthday, Warren!

Berkshire's stock has been trading at new highs.  It'll be interesting to see what effect this news has-- if any.

I wonder what other news he's been clearing the decks for?

Buffett Weds Longtime Companion

OMAHA, Neb. (AP) - Billionaire investor Warren Buffett married his longtime companion, Astrid Menks, in a private ceremony Wednesday, the Omaha World-Herald reported in a copyrighted story in its Thursday editions.

Good, maybe this will make him settle down and focus on his career :LOL:

How "long term" could this relationship be? Didn't his wife just die?

saluki9 said:
How "long term" could this relationship be?  Didn't his wife just die?

His wife has lived apart from him and in California for close to 30 years. Buffet and Astrid have been together for a long time.

Ha

I think it's pretty incredible that it was Susan Buffett (Warren's wife) who introduced Menks, a former waitress, to Warren. From what I read in other articles, all 3 were good friends and got along very well. Congratulations to Warren and Astrid for continued happiness in their relationship/marriage.

Wow, it must be nice to a billonaire. Any other guy who has a wife and mistress would be called a pig. Getting congratulated on his marrying his long-time mistress? Very unlikely to happen.

BunsOfVeal said:
Wow, it must be nice to a billonaire. Any other guy who has a wife and mistress would be called a pig. Getting congratulated on his marrying his long-time mistress? Very unlikely to happen.
I think we're mostly surprised that he had a wife and a mistress and is still a billionaire. Very unlikely indeed.

While their arrangement was probably not something you'd find in the domestic tranquility manuals (or most churches & legislatures, either) it was among three consenting adults who managed to make it work just fine for all three of them. Donald Trump coulda learned a lot there.

I just wonder what Bill is saying to Melinda Gates these days...

Back
Top Bottom