Burger King

if i'm gonna eat fast food, it will be BK first, then wendy's...no mcd's ever. i like BK's chicken fries and crsispy chicken sandwich. the rest goes through me faster than a greased pig on a slip'n slide

TMI!!! Now I can't get this visual out of my mind...........

By the way, I understand that Wendy's was just bought out by Arby's. I never understood Arby's "appeal." Their "roast beef" really looks like my middle school cafeteria's mystery meat.

What's so bad about Burger King. When I lived across the street from one for 7 years I went there several times a week. Low cost, good tasting, convenient. Now I live next to a dairy queen and eat there at least twice a week. I realize it's not the healthiest of foods. If I was fighting weight gain I wouldn't go there but i'm 6'6" and weigh 155lbs so I don't think I need to worry about gaining too much weight.

You need to fatten up a bit. Add a shake and fries to your whopper. Maybe an apple turnover for desert. ;)

You guys got me hungry. Time for a whopper run. It's ok, I hiked 5 miles yesterday. :)

I had to look it up - arugula - do people actually eat that crap - or is it just politically correct talk. :rolleyes: :D.

Sigh - I miss the land of Lee's Hamburgers, New Orleans Hamburger and Seafood Company - and Po-Boys from Mother's. And Muffs from Central Grocery et al.

heh heh heh - BBQ is king in greater KC - but the 'other guys' - BK, MickyD, and Miss Wendy still survive. :cool:.

I eat it. Just another salad green.

Most fast food is fine if you skip the deep fried stuff and leave the mayo or special sauces out of it. And the cheese.

Uh...enjoy your napkin! ;)

Carls Jr. who also operates under the name Hardees in some parts of the world is about the only fast food I'll bother with. Jack-in-the-box got good for a while but then sank into stinkdom. Both burger king and mcdonalds sell lousy food IMO. I havent been to a wendys in years...last time I watched the guy take a precooked burger from a stack on the counter and flip it a few times on the grill and then stick it on a bun, still cold in the middle. EWW!

Six Dollar Burger! (Which actually sells for about $3.75 and needs to have its name changed to "Eight dollar burger")

Accept No Substitutes!

Carl's Jr.

0_61_hamburger.jpg

I like Ruby Tuesday cheeseburgers. Probably has poop on them but Im ok with that.

By the way, I understand that Wendy's was just bought out by Arby's. I never understood Arby's "appeal." Their "roast beef" really looks like my middle school cafeteria's mystery meat.

I like Arby's too. Around here you can get 5 for $5.95. I get 4 arby's melts(there roast beef sandwich with melted cheese on top) and a choclate shake for 6 bucks. That offer prbably doesn't apply to most areas though.

I was gonna say Arby's is king for cheap folks. Used to be 5 for $5 and one of the guys that used to work for me got that on a regular basis. I see inflation has had its way with the price.

They used to make a french fry that was extruded from a machine, sort of like thick mashed potatoes, right into the hot grease. I remember liking those as a little kid. Probably gross me out now, if they even still make them.

Yep, the hardee monster burger == carls jr's double six dollar burger.

I'm also fond of their Six Dollar Western Bacon Cheeseburger. Onion rings, cheese, bacon and a big slab of beef. Niiice...

6%20dollar%20burger%20ad.jpg

Dang - I gotta run to the store and get some BACON! to go with my BBQ pork tonight.

:D :D :D

heh heh heh - :cool:

Ribs and cole slaw at the Casa de Bunny tonight...

But I might have to get a burger for lunch...

By the way if anyone is a Carls fan, I have an image capture of a buy one get one free for the six dollar burger. Seems they released it on that there internet thing and somehow everyone got a copy and started using it, and thats not what they wanted. Funny how that worked.

Its good until 12/31/08, and seems most Carls Jr's will accept it. Its on my other puter but I'll post it if anyone wants it.

Two giant burgers for under $4 is a pretty good deal.

Heres an online version of the Hardees thickburger coupon...
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/4630/burgerslayergd5.jpg

Ive never had Carl's Jr and Ive lived here 11 years :p Might be time to find out.

For fast food on the road I enjoy a BK Jr. Whopper. I enjoy McD's Asian chicken salad occasionally. McD has the better coffee.

I worked at Carl's Jr in high school. I never saw anything that made me say "yech." The ingredients were always fresh and we got fairly frequent inspections from our regional HQs. At that time (1979-1980) Carl's had the extruded fries, also ("Frispos"), they weren't as tasty as the real things and the chain later changed to actual potatoes.

Since that time they've started franchising Carl's Jr stores and they bought out Hardees. I've not been as impressed with the cleanliness and adherence to standards at Hardees.

I just had lunch. But I really want to get in my car and get a burger. Im going to go hide my keys ;)

I just had lunch. But I really want to get in my car and get a burger. Im going to go hide my keys ;)

Only 962 miles from my driveway to the Southside Cafe in Slidell LA.

For 18.95 I can get a shrimp and oyster Muffaletta.

But I don't believe I can eat a whole one anymore.

heh heh heh - :cool:

P.S. 238. something miles to Pryor Creek OK - the nearest Carl's Jr.

Last edited:
I had to look it up - arugula - do people actually eat that crap.

seriously, try arugula on pizza with fresh tomato slices and garlic. it's got this peppery, slightly bitter taste. it's really good.

reading through this thread i decided to check out the burger king menu (their corporate base is in miami, by the way). i found about four products i could eat. the french fries, maybe the onion rings. the french toast (why i would go to burger king for french toast is beyond me). and i was surprised to find a veggie burger. they use morningstar which is the same i use at home (only i use the original griller while they use the garden burger).

still, good to know that there's actually a menu item i might try there.

they also have a fish sandwich but who knows how many fish died for that dish. i'd be afraid of supporting overfishing.

checking out other websites. looks like mcd's has some salads but they don't come with any non-meat protein and served as sit down, not car food.

looks like wendy's has an identifiable (cod) fish sandwich and baked potato but the rest just looks like a lot of meat.

taco bell has a cheesy been and rice burrito & some non-car-food nachos.

all in all, looks like fast food restarants have yet to tap into the vegetarian market. as if that stuff at arby's has to be made from a cow instead of from gluten? put enough arby sauce on there and their customers would never know the difference.

if you don't hold the pickles or the lettuce (if special orders won't upset us), you really have no idea what it is that you're eating. so why does it all have to be meat. if you're barbequeing a steak, ok, i understand that. but eating cow at every fast food opportunity? you don't even know what you're eating. you don't know what's in that hamburger. it could be kangaroo for all you know. what's the sense of that?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom