Business Reply Mail

Rustward

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Does anybody know if it is acceptable to tape a Business Reply Mail envelope (for which the addressee pays the postage) to a larger envelope? DW needs to mail something that will not fit inside the provided envelope. This is legitimate business -- not "mailing a brick".

Well, Rustward, I just called the U S Postal Service and asked them. They said that you are permitted to do this. :)

:) I also looked at usps.com and didn't find anything on what you're proposing, Rustward. I wonder if you/your DW could call the addressee and asked for a larger mailie thingie.

:) I also looked at usps.com and didn't find anything on what you're proposing, Rustward. I wonder if you/your DW could call the addressee and asked for a larger mailie thingie.

Thanks. That makes sense. We taped the small envelope to the larger one and it is on its way to the PO as of a few minutes ago. DW is executress of her mother's estate and is trying to get things finalized. She just wants to be finished with it and probably wouldn't want to wait for another envelope. Relatively small estate, but some funds were still in her dad's name, she discovered. He passed years ago. DW is tired of "jumping through hoops" -- court, lawyer, banks, guarantees, signatures, letters, certificates, statements, etc.

Does anybody know if it is acceptable to tape a Business Reply Mail envelope (for which the addressee pays the postage) to a larger envelope? DW needs to mail something that will not fit inside the provided envelope. This is legitimate business -- not "mailing a brick".

Absolutely- bricks don't fit in the envelope, either- and they get delivered just fine....:D

Thanks. That makes sense. We taped the small envelope to the larger one and it is on its way to the PO as of a few minutes ago. DW is executress of her mother's estate and is trying to get things finalized. She just wants to be finished with it and probably wouldn't want to wait for another envelope. Relatively small estate, but some funds were still in her dad's name, she discovered. He passed years ago. DW is tired of "jumping through hoops" -- court, lawyer, banks, guarantees, signatures, letters, certificates, statements, etc.

I can't blame her for wanting to get things done at her end--a lot of red tape to fight through, it sounds like and a sad job too.

Back
Top Bottom