Join Early Retirement Today

...but I only received 11 lap dances!!!
Old 05-21-2004, 01:26 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Location: South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering Creek
...but I only received 11 lap dances!!!

Some guys always seem to get the short end of the stick, take this guy for instance...

NY INSURANCE EXEC SUES STRIP CLUB OVER $28,000 TAB
NEW YORK, May 20 (Reuters) A New York insurance executive slapped an upscale strip club with a lawsuit after it charged him $28,000 for a night of champagne and partying with a dozen exotic dancers.
Mitchell Blaser, who is the Chief Financial Officer of the Americas division of insurer Swiss Re (RUKN.VX , filed suit on Tuesday demanding that strip club Scores pay back the $28,000 because that does not accurately reflect his spending at the Manhattan nightspot.
But a Scores spokesman said that, during his December visit, Blaser ordered five magnums of the club's most expensive champagne, a 1990 Krug Clos du Mesnil, for $3,200 each. He also spent $7,000 for lap dances and the company of 12 girls who surrounded him for hours.
"Obviously, he's pouring the champagne for all the girls and playing superstar," Scores spokesman Lonnie Hanover said.
Hanover called the suit "frivolous" and said Scores has three signed receipts from Blaser over the course of the night. He said American Express investigated the matter and found the charges were valid and paid the $28,000.
In his lawsuit filed with the Supreme Court in Manhattan, Blaser said he and his friend were intimidated into signing an invoice for $8,615 by Scores' staff, which threatened to keep his credit card. Scores then tacked on an additional $4,000 gratuity without his signature, the suit said. It also said Blaser promptly complained to American Express.
A $28,000 tab, while sky high, is not unheard of at Scores, Hanover said. The club has catered to foreign heads of state, athletes and Wall Street executives. But he said this was the first time anyone ordered more than one bottle of its most expensive champagne.
Blaser's lawyer was not immediately available to comment. A Swiss Re spokesman declined to comment, saying it was a personal matter.
© Reuters 2004. All Rights Reserved.

Wonder what amount of money he will collect at a SWR of 4%.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

In dire need of: faster horses, younger woman, older whiskey, more money.
mickeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: ...but I only received 11 lap dances!!!
Old 05-21-2004, 01:53 PM   #2

Blaser is an idiot.............

John Galt
Old 05-21-2004, 01:57 PM   #3
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Booze, high end credit card, and a large ego, hardly ever a happy ending
Jarhead* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 08:42 PM   #4
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I liked the quote "he wants to party like colin farrell, he has to pay like colin farrell"

Bet that was received well by colin farrell's girlfriend.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Re:  Isn't Swiss Re...
Old 05-22-2004, 11:45 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Re:  Isn't Swiss Re...

... one of the main competitors of General Re of Berkshire Hathaway?

With a bar bill like this, I wonder how he calculates premium fees.

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 02:50 AM   #6
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

...tiny bubbles...