Buying Water Filter: Anyone studied this here?

If you do get a carbon filter, be sure to change it regularly (most mfgrs recommend every 6 months, sooner if the flow rate drops). They can become breeding grounds for bacteria (remember, you're taking out the chlorine that the city put into it to keep the nasties from growing). It's possible to end up with water that is considerably less safe than what you started with if the filter isn't changed conscientiously.

The city should give you a complete report of what has been found in the water, and if there really are substances of concern they'll be required to test it (and publish the results) frequently. US tap water is subject to more inspections and checks than the bottled drinking water that is sold in stores, and has little/none of the plastic stuff that the bottles leach into the water.

Not cloudy but not a hot taste. My main concern is those unseen, unknown pollutants that cause cancer and other ugly things as I understand that water in my area is not the best. I don't want to start growing extra arms and legs..haha!

I don't know, I always thought an extra hand growing out of my elbow would be really useful for unlocking and opening doors when I've got my hands full of groceries or whatever.

Back
Top Bottom