Cabernet, Pinot, or Malbec?

Used to like Cab....but now off alcohol completely for over ten years.

My latest thing is A&W Diet Root Beer.:cool:

Used to like Cab....but now off alcohol completely for over ten years.

My latest thing is A&W Diet Root Beer.:cool:

That's great! We also like diet Barq's, although I don't recall if it is local or widely available.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    31.4 KB · Views: 85
I love a good Argentinian Malbec. I would have to say it's probably my favorite red with Zinfandel behind it. I'll drink Pinot Noir, but I don't seek it out. I enjoy a good Cab but I've found that unless it's a really good Cab, which is usually out of my price range, I don't enjoy it quite as much.

Was introduced to Teroldego grown in No. Cal. yesterday. Like it a lot. Brought some home. Zin drinkers should hunt some down.

Last edited:
As I recall from my intemperate youth half a century ago or so Mag Dog Perfect Vision was the wine of choice.

I like big, bold red wines best.

Favorite: Cab Franc (some of the best ones come from the NY Finger Lakes Region)

2nd Favorite: Tannat/Madiran

I do like a good Malbec also.

No preference - good wine is good wine regardless of grape varietal.

Currently enjoying Felton Road Pinot Noir from Otago in New Zealand.

And some Billcart Salmon (but we won't mention that in a thread devoted to red wine).

No, it was at the Jeff Runquist winery. I believe the grapes are sourced from Lodi.

Looks like West of Temperance get their Teroldego from these guys:

Heringer

How is it?

My experience with Teroldego is the West of Temperance version and a Colorado version from Red Fox Cellars. Both are very good. The Red Fox just won gold in a state competition.
West of Temperance makes some good Italian varietals like Aglianico and Fiano.

Last edited:
when I was drinking, we lived by the ABC rule

Anything but Cabernet
Anything but Chardonnay

I like Tempranillo myself

West of Temperance makes some good Italian varietals like Aglianico and Fiano.

I will have to check them out. I have become a fan of Amarone della Valpolicella from the Veneto region of NE Italy in the last couple of years. Thanks for the tips.

My fav is boxed Almaden Rhine Wine. Second fav- Carlo Rossi gallon of Rhine wine.

And- no- I am not kidding.

We live in Pinot country and I've spent a lot of time there so naturally we drink that more often than most. It's a spendy proposition but such a drinkable varietal. If I could drink another wine as much it would be a variation of Nebiolo. Love Barbaresco and wish I could afford Barolo more. Then a reserve Chianti.

For other occasions I drink Washington Syrahs and blends. Napa and Sonoma blends with steaks

when I was drinking, we lived by the ABC rule

Anything but Cabernet
Anything but Chardonnay

I like Tempranillo myself

I drank some French Chardonnay a couple of years ago, and OMG! What s difference! It’s not oakey. Completely different flavor.

Back
Top Bottom