Calling on bourbon drinkers

I have always thought that the "Old Fashioned" is one of the more unfortunate names for a great drink. Call it something like "Himalayan Bungee Jump" and tons more peole would order it.

Thanks Midpack! I found out he always drinks it with ice so I think the big block ice mold is a great idea. And he likes Old Fashioneds so a jar of those fancy cherries could be good too. He already has the correct kind of glass since he never just drinks it neat.
He’ll enjoy the Luxardos, but the price may shock you, more than double the cost of a silicone king ice cube tray. I’d love the gift you’re putting together, well done! :)

I have always thought that the "Old Fashioned" is one of the more unfortunate names for a great drink. Call it something like "Himalayan Bungee Jump" and tons more peole would order it.

No doubt. :)

BTW, Great thread. DW is our true Bourbon drinker/sipper, but I've enjoyed reading the responses.

Whiskey stones (versus ice cubes) is a nice gift. Some folks like them better because they don’t dilute the bourbon. Personally, I like the large ice cubes because I like just a bit of melted ice blended in.

I prefer my bourbon neat with maybe just a small drop of iced water.

My favorite is actually not a bourbon at all: Jack Daniel's Single Barrel Select

The Glencairn glass is great for tasting, but I prefer a tumbler for everyday drinking.

Whiskey stones (versus ice cubes) is a nice gift. Some folks like them better because they don’t dilute the bourbon. Personally, I like the large ice cubes because I like just a bit of melted ice blended in.

I hate the stones. Wait until you have one slide down the glass at warp speed and smack into your front teeth when you're taking a sip of the nectar.. :mad:

You could buy bourbon flavored candy. We make these rum balls a lot. They'd be good with bourbon.

Rum Ball Cubes

Ingredients:

1 cup almond flour (best without the skins, in this case)

1/2 cup cocoa powder

1/4 cup melted butter

3 Tablespoons powdered erythritol

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

2 Tablespoons rum, brandy, whiskey, etc

8 drops Sucralose

I have tried all the bourbons, and some are great. Here in Peru I drink sippin whiskey JD or JB triple black. I have been drinking it daily for close to 50 years, But will only drink it out of a heavy square glass. I find the square glass tells me when it is time to stop for the night.

He’ll enjoy the Luxardos, but the price may shock you, more than double the cost of a silicone king ice cube tray. I’d love the gift you’re putting together, well done! :)

Thanks! Appreciate all the help. Final gift is Woodford Reserve, Corksicle wedge glass, and Luxardo cherries. About $90 all in. I think he'll be excited!

You could buy bourbon flavored candy. We make these rum balls a lot. They'd be good with bourbon.

Rum Ball Cubes

Ingredients:

1 cup almond flour (best without the skins, in this case)

1/2 cup cocoa powder

1/4 cup melted butter

3 Tablespoons powdered erythritol

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

2 Tablespoons rum, brandy, whiskey, etc

8 drops Sucralose

I'd like these but he isn't a sweets person. Thanks for the recipe!

Thanks! Appreciate all the help. Final gift is Woodford Reserve, Corksicle wedge glass, and Luxardo cherries. About $90 all in. I think he'll be excited!
He couldn’t be anything but excited, well done!

I would be!

Back
Top Bottom