Can anyone identify this tune?

David1961

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
This is a popular tune my whole family can play on the piano, but nobody knows what it is.

Last edited:
Sorry am having problems attaching the mp4 file

I don't have it but there's an app called Sound Hound that might identify it.

DH and his extended family plays random unidentified piano music sometimes, so post what this song is when you find out and I'll see if he plays it too.

Yes I should have said this but SoundHound and Track ID could not identify it.

Not much help, but I recognize it too (as a 35 year old European).

So it has to be quite universal and used in film.

I think Nodak nailed it. We banged that tune out on the piano and knew all the words (via my mother) to Music, Music, Music. Very familiar tune.

After listening again I think the Down at Papa Joe's is right. Just subtle differences from my suggestion.

"Chop Sticks" is what we called it when I was a kid.

Wow, you called it wrong for a long time. Who would have guessed that an early retirement forum would have set you straight on this?

This is a popular tune my whole family can play on the piano, but nobody knows what it is.

At first I thought was "Music, Music, Music". Now I'm thinking it's "Down at Papa Joes". "Music" was recorded in 1953, "Papa" was recorded in 1963 (as per Google). So, if you can figure it out using dates and/or your age when you approximately first heard it, maybe you will have your answer.

Thanks for all the replies! I think Down At Papa Joes is the song. I also never realized how similar Music, Music, Music is to the tune. Not sure when I first heard it. It was just one of those tunes someone taught me to play on the piano.
As a side note, it is amazing the number of music lovers on this site. It seems like many people interested in early retirement also love music.

Back
Top Bottom