Can I do this (or is it worth it)?

deafcat

Confused about dryer sheets
Long story short, I purchased some carpeting to be installed by a national chain store back in March. Ever since I've been getting the run around, first about back orders, then errors in the install, then errors in fixing the errors, just a bad story that has gone on for almost six months. I have the carpeting that I purchased in, but there are noticeable seems that they can not fix. I agreed to live with it for getting some money back (approx 75%). When I originally purchased it, the store didn't charge for the final 10% as that would get charged when the project was satisfactory completed. Now that I'm getting a credit back they are going to charge for this final 10%. Can I dispute this with my credit card company saying the work was unsatisfactory or did I lose the right to do this by accepting money back from them for the bad job they did? What do you think?

I got new carpets from Empire Carpet was very unhappy. The customer service was stellar, but the quality of the carpet was just bad. I had them come out to replace the carpet on the stairs only to have the same problem. I decided it wasn't worth my time and stress on my body to dispute $2,000 bucks. I chalked it up to doing my research and not be an impulsive buyer next time. I definitely will not purchase from Empire again in the future.

I know this doesn't help you with your situtation, but I'm just sharing my experience with this carpet vendor.

Back
Top Bottom