candy of your youth

a local ice cream shop used to make a sundae covered with hot fudge, a strip of melted marshmellow and covered in malt, he called it a dusty road.

the fruit slices reminded me of those segmented chocolate oranges. mmmm, i might have to hit the candy store tonight.

Short list:
Sugar daddys
Blow pops
Nerds
Jaw breakers

and still no cavities baby ;)

Not candy but...
those small cans of soda (6 oz. I think)

MikeD said:
Carnation used to sell a jar of just the powder to make malted milk. We used to add it to chocolate milk. Man, that was good.

Did you know that malted milk powder was originally invented by a pharmacist as an early baby formula for mothers who had trouble nursing?

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Did you know that malted milk powder was originally invented by a pharmacist as an early baby formula for mothers who had trouble nursing?

I was bottle-fed...maybe I had the malted milk formula ::) mmm...malted...

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Is that made from bee barf? :)

When I was 9, my best friend and I pooled our money to buy a gallon(?) tub of gummy bears at Price Club (now Costco), and we made a pact (for some unholy reason) to finish the entire thing that weekend.

I still can't even smell them, 22 years later. :p :dead:

this thread forced me to go buy some lik-m-aid Fun Dip yesterday.....mmmmmmm

Ah, Sweet Nostalgia.....

You can still buy Clove and Teaberry Gum at Cracker Barrel Restaurants. Also Fireballs and Jawbreakers. Lots of nostalgic stuff there.

Oh, if I could only find those Pepsin Chicklets.....

sgeeeee said:
Is that made from bee barf? :)

99.99% pure and unfiltered.

I wonder if somewhere in every bee hive, theres a little tiny toilet thats very, very cool to the touch. Which begs the question "Do bees have foreheads to rest on the very, very cool to the touch toilet bowl"?

Laurence said:
When I was 9, my best friend and I pooled our money to buy a gallon(?) tub of gummy bears at Price Club (now Costco), and we made a pact (for some unholy reason) to finish the entire thing that weekend.

I still can't even smell them, 22 years later.  :p :dead:

i had a similar experience, only it was tequila in college. :::searching for the smiley face doing the dry heaves:::

lazygood4nothinbum said:
i had a similar experience, only it was tequila in college. :::searching for the smiley face doing the dry heaves:::

My alcohol version was Vodka, weekend of high school graduation, drank a 5th by myself. There was a 2 hour audiotape of me making Andrew Dice Clay sound like Mr. Rogers while laying on the carpet face first. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom