Care to share your bling?

Several of these are 24" necklaces...:cool:...in yer dreams am I gonna show ya da goods, boyz. :LOL:

All you rockhounds can have fun telling me what gemstones and minerals are in these necklaces.
Origins: Alaska, Hawaii, all over continental USA, South America, Europe.

Attachments

• Bling2009 001.jpg
    Bling2009 001.jpg
    851.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Bling2009 001Zoomed1.jpg
    Bling2009 001Zoomed1.jpg
    868.4 KB · Views: 4
They are beautiful freebird! I have a white pearl necklace that I love and wear on occasion, but I don't have a black pearl necklace. Maybe on my 80th birthday I'll get one. :D

They are beautiful freebird! I have a white pearl necklace that I love and wear on occasion, but I don't have a black pearl necklace. Maybe on my 80th birthday I'll get one. :D
TY. These are my favorite treasures. Each one reminds me of a trip. :D
Sounds like a road trip to Vegas is in order for a black pearl necklace.
Get that newly retired hubby motivated, lady! :LOL:

Beautiful bbbBling, bbbamI!

I stopped wearing watches some months before ER, but still have this one, can you tell how long it's been in the family? Gotta go check eBay and Craiglist; it's genuine vinyl.

Attachments

• IMG_4692.jpg
    IMG_4692.jpg
    391.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4698.jpg
    IMG_4698.jpg
    885.9 KB · Views: 0
Here is just a small sampling of my watch collection . I love fun watches . The spider man watch was given to me by my SO and the heart one was from my late husband for Valentines day years ago . It probably cost all of $9 but all my friends were green with envy .

Attachments

• watches 001.jpg
    watches 001.jpg
    768.2 KB · Views: 1
Several of these are 24" necklaces...:cool:...in yer dreams am I gonna show ya da goods, boyz. :LOL:

All you rockhounds can have fun telling me what gemstones and minerals are in these necklaces.
Origins: Alaska, Hawaii, all over continental USA, South America, Europe.

At the top, snowflake obsidian. Going clockwise,next right, the black fresh water pearls, next is a Turquoise, can't tell if it is sleeping beauty mine, which would be huge bucks, or if it is blue chalk turquoise or stabilized turq. Then tiger eye, with a blackish stone (anything from onyx to tiger iron).

Next up is lapis lazuli with probable malachite.

Next up has a few possibilities. It could be a quartz, but I am thinking aventurine. But tough to call, there are a lot of green stones out there. Could even be aquamarine, I've seen some with that tone.

Next continuing counter clockwise could be a jades, or moonstones, but if totally opaque, mookite. Mookite is from Australia and that wasn't on your lists, and there are no pinks or lavender toucher so I think not. . .Too hard to tell from the picture and too many possibilities for me.

Next has amethyst on each side of malachite (it looks like), but the dark stones are too hard to see.

Next looks primarily like jasper, leopardskin?

Next is fluorite.

Next is the tiger eye.

Next looks like quartz, including rose quartz, but there are other possibilities too.

At the top, snowflake obsidian. Going clockwise,next right, the black fresh water pearls, next is a Turquoise, can't tell if it is sleeping beauty mine, which would be huge bucks, or if it is blue chalk turquoise or stabilized turq. Then tiger eye, with a blackish stone (anything from onyx to tiger iron).

Next up is lapis lazuli with probable malachite.

Next up has a few possibilities. It could be a quartz, but I am thinking aventurine. But tough to call, there are a lot of green stones out there. Could even be aquamarine, I've seen some with that tone.

Next continuing counter clockwise could be a jades, or moonstones, but if totally opaque, mookite. Mookite is from Australia and that wasn't on your lists, and there are no pinks or lavender toucher so I think not. . .Too hard to tell from the picture and too many possibilities for me.

Next has amethyst on each side of malachite (it looks like), but the dark stones are too hard to see.

Next looks primarily like jasper, leopardskin?

Next is fluorite.

Next is the tiger eye.

Next looks like quartz, including rose quartz, but there are other possibilities too.
Woooooooooooooooooooooo :whistle:
I am very impressed. You got everything right and then some.
All the black beads are onyx.
The sky blue turquoise came from Alaska and was very inexpensive ($5).
Right on with amethyst and malachite.
Lapis lazuli bought by LH in Argentina. The blue-green beads may also be lapis but I'm not sure.
The all green one also came from Alaska, same store, same price as the turquoise. I do not know what it is.
The 3 colored pastel one at 11 o'clock is not quartz. I cannot figure out what it is made from. It was labelled sea coral, but I doubt that is correct. I bought it in a tourist trap in Waikiki, Hawaii for $10. It is definitely not costume jewlery. Somebody's mistake is now my treasure. :D

Freebird, if the all green chips also came from Alaska, then it might be a jade. There are lots of jades in Alaska.

Tough to do this with pictures. The one called sea coral, it is somewhat transparent, yes? If so, it sure isn't a coral. Sometimes things like "sea coral" and "sea opal" are code words for glass.

The one at the bottom which I said might be moonstones, is that somewhat transparent too? Where did you get it?

Freebird, if the all green chips also came from Alaska, then it might be a jade. There are lots of jades in Alaska.

Tough to do this with pictures. The one called sea coral, it is somewhat transparent, yes? If so, it sure isn't a coral. Sometimes things like "sea coral" and "sea opal" are code words for glass.

The one at the bottom which I said might be moonstones, is that somewhat transparent too? Where did you get it?
Jade works for me. :D

Alleged "sea coral" - I thought it was glass too, when I first saw it, but it is way too heavy for its size to be glass. The beads are semi transparent and you can see small random striations inside. Not bubbles or cracks as in glass, but mineral type striations.

Bottom one is completely opaque. The white beads have the exact color of milk. No clue where LH bought it, somewhere in the US.

I'm stumped on the bottom one then. It is just too hard to make it out enough. Mail it to me and I bet I could identify it. :)

Alaska has beaucoup jade, one whole mountain is made of it.

Alaska has beaucoup jade, one whole mountain is made of it.
A few years ago, we visited a jade shop in Girdwood, about 40 miles east of Anchorage on the Seward Highway which clings to Turnagain Arm. They had a window to the back where they were cutting a HUGE piece of jade into smaller chunks. The piece was maybe a dozen feet long, four feet high and about two feet thick, and a machine was applying a hacksaw to the jade and constantly applying coolant and lubricant to the blade. When I looked at what some of the small pieces sold for and looked at the size of that chunk of jade, it was rather awe-inspiring.

I don't have any pictures handy, but my favorite "bling" is amber. I have some beautiful pieces I've picked up over the years. Amber is a unique item. It actually feels warm to the touch unlike other jem stones. Martha, I'd love to see what you could do with this.

Glass bling

Hi,
Wanted to wait to contribute/comment until I had some photos to share. Today I found time to photograph and upload these pix of some necklaces I strung with dichroic glass beads and sterling silver beads and findings. Am not sure how well I captured the colors and sparkle, but here goes...

Martha, I admire your necklaces very much. Are the sterling beads from Fire Mountain Gems? They resemble the Thai Hill Tribes silver beads I buy from FMG. Am a very good customer of theirs, ha ha!

Amethyst

Attachments

• 2009_0405Necklaces.JPG
    2009_0405Necklaces.JPG
    161.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 2009_0405Necklaces2.JPG
    2009_0405Necklaces2.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 2009_0405Necklaces3.JPG
    2009_0405Necklaces3.JPG
    154.4 KB · Views: 3
Darn, I am going to have to re-do these pictures. Think I shrank them too much for the play of colors in the dichroic beads to show up. These are wilder and crazier than the picture shows.

I had a biker party to go to last night, so I wanted the proper jewelry for the evening. I went to the Harley dealership and looked at the necklaces; no way was I going to spend $90 and over for their pieces. So I looked around and saw the key chains. I had a necklace that was given to me, so I just ran the chain through a loop on the key chain, then attached my bobble to the key ring....total cost of necklace....$6.95.....:)

Attachments

• DSC00341.jpg
    DSC00341.jpg
    825.9 KB · Views: 5
Clever girl. What, no matching earrings? :whistle:

Back
Top Bottom