Careers in Retirement

hrkd895

Confused about dryer sheets
Hello all, I'm a new member. I've snooped around the site for a few years and appreciate the advise that has been provided. What a great service.
Well, I'm finding myself in a job that will no longer exist this summer so will ER:cool: but need to continue working. I can't decide how to begin to figure out what I want to do.
So I was wondering what those of you in similar circumstances did to formulate a plan to "re-invent" yourself. I know it starts with apassion but that is my problem. I guess I've been muddling along that I need some inspiration.

Thanks
for letting me pick your brains!!!

DW is a career counselor by trade, and one of her ilk could probably give you a battery of tests and help you figure something out. ALternatively, you might give yourself time to think about it and maybe even take a sabbatical to recharge.

What do you do now, for how long, and what skills could be transferable into a new career for semi-retirement? What hobbies or interests do you have outside of w*rk?

R

Isn't this an oxymoron?

Seems like you got outsourced/downsized/rightsized/made redundant/whatever the current term is.

Good luck with the job search.

A popular book is What Color Is Your Parachute?. I've read a few editions - it's updated every year - and didn't learn anything about myself that I didn't already know, tending toward introspection anyway. It also has perhaps hundreds of cross-references to material not covered in that book. But it has a great deal of good job search information once you know what you want to do.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom