Cat Destroys Painting: This Goes in the Ooops Category

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Cat destroys rare painting :facepalm:.

In 2015, Bendor Grosvenor, an art expert, bought a rare painting for $6,714, he told The Telegraph. The piece was a 17th-century portrait from artist John Michael Wright.

"Wright is one of my favorite artists, and I bought this example because it was in excellent condition, with all the original glazes and details wonderfully intact," he told the newspaper.

Up until recently, Grosvenor had been busy repairing the painting due to small tears caused by the canvas expanding and shrinking from the summer heat and winter cold. But when he thought he had finished his repairs, which cost the same as the repairs, things took a rather unexpected turn, he told the outlet.

"And as I stood back to admire my handiwork, up jumped our cat, landing forcefully in the center of the painting with a crunch," he said. "Disaster."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle...orth-dollar6714/ar-BBS28e3?li=BBnbfcL#image=1

My cats have only knocked down a clock and chewed up some cords including an ethernet cable when I was online surfing.

The cat is obviously a fan of Edith Piaf, as are all cats.

Back
Top Bottom