Join Early Retirement Today
Old 08-24-2007, 05:40 AM   #21
Full time employment: Posting here.
Great stories, Orchidflower. I always say that people who do not like or appreciate cats have never had a real relationship with one. We've had a number of cats over our lifetime, and each one has a real personality. Most of them (if they are not wild) are great companions. No, they are not dogs, but they are wonderful company just the same!

And Outtahere, you said something about the personalities of your 2 new kitties and being surprised by the long-haired one. My experience has been that long-haired male cats can be some of the friendliest cats ever! But that's an over-generalization for sure.

One of my favorite stories is about our one cat, Nacho, who was a real Mama's boy. Every single night he would come and sit on my lap while I sat in a recliner to watch TV. Once I had some MAJOR surgery on my abdomen, and one of my worries was how would I keep Nacho off of me while I recuperated. On the first day when I came home from the hospital, I was sitting on the recliner, and that cat jumped up and sat beside me on that chair. He had never done that before. It was remarkable. And he was generally a pretty stupid cat. They sure have an instinct!

cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2007, 11:02 AM   #22
Moderator Emeritus
Originally Posted by vino View Post

I am Vino.

Don't Feel Ya. We also Miss my pet "Julie" (Cat). She died Aug-15th. We Miss Her Lot. You Know she is a 5-1/2 Months baby. She is very Knotty Kitten. We Miss Her Lot.......
I'll tell my cat "Julie" about your Julie; she is very compassionate. I got my "Julie" at the SPCA at 3 months old and wonder how they came to name her Julie; she answers to it so I cannot change it. I'm so sorry you lost her.

CuppaJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 03:49 AM   #23
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Cats are supposed to have an i.q. of a 2-1/2 to 3 year old child.
It's amazing how much information you can get off a cat (when a storm is coming, for instance) and how instinctive they are.
I feel for everyone who loses a beloved pet, cause it is really hard. You feel like a baby for getting upset when they are missing or die, but...hell, I couldn't help but sob for almost 3 days on and off when my one year old kitty died of Infectious Perotinitis (think that was the name of it?), which is a disease they are born with and die around their first birthday. They get it coming from their mother's birth canal, and there is not a sure test for it--altho you can spend money on testing--and no cure.
Here I was a hardcharging ad exec. with a staff, and I am crying off and on about my kitty dying....sigh... The hardest part was not being able to stop the sadness over losing such a little cat who hadn't even lived yet, and everyone learning that...crap! I did have feelings. Blew my entire cover.

Orchidflower is offline   Reply With Quote