Caution: two of these sited this weekend

Rich_by_the_Bay

Moderator Emeritus
Caution: two of these sighted this weekend

I spotted two of these this weekend in Sanibel. It's not a great photo, but in real life this creature was jet black.

blackswan2.jpg

Whatever could this mean?

100_0664.jpg

100_0660.jpg

Saw this Bald Eagle while fishing Friday. It is picking up a fish in the bay in one of the pictures.

Have been to Sanibel lots of times. Love the place.

Don't worry.

You folks down south sure have had a quiet hurricane year--or is it too early for me to say that?

You folks down south sure have had a quiet hurricane year--or is it too early for me to say that?
Shhhhh.

We've had a number of these, but nothing threatening yet. Non-residents sometimes don't realize that October and early November can be among the most treacherous months. We're not out of the woods.

I spotted two of these this weekend in Sanibel. It's not a great photo, but in real life this creature was jet black.

View attachment 7517

Whatever could this mean?
Escaped pet bird.

Black swans are only native to Australia. They are gorgeous swans. People buy them to adorn their properties in the US, but if the wings are clipped annually, they'll escape.

Oh wait! I get it! Black Swan Event - ha ha ha.

Yeah I wish Black Swan Events only occurred in Australia.

Audrey

European relatives have a small family of them. Fortunately (or not), these particular swans are proving themselve to be infertile, so perhaps the worst is over :)

Attachments

• Copy of IMG_0641.JPG
    Copy of IMG_0641.JPG
    830.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Copy of IMG_0643.JPG
    Copy of IMG_0643.JPG
    700.1 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for the beautiful swan & eagle photos.

I’ve forgotten what it means when you see plastic pink flamingo lawn ornaments. Downturn, upturn, higher profits at WalMart? Saw these real ones at the zoo recently:

Attachments

• IMG_5912.jpg
    IMG_5912.jpg
    701.9 KB · Views: 0
OK - if we're doing Black Swan pictures....

Buckhorn Lake Resort in Kerrville TX (our "home" RV park), maintained a pair for several years. One year, residents were delighted by the family of 5 cygnets, 2 adults, and "mama goose" - a "chinese" white goose that appointed herself commander of the black swan troop and herded/guided them along their daily schedule as well as acting as most aggressive body guard. It was amazing.

black_swan_family.jpg

One of the adults inspecting the babies:

black_swan_closeup.jpg

Audrey

I saw one of these the other day......

Attachments

• 70234239_75[1].jpg
    70234239_75[1].jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 107
I really thought the duckling would not be able to save the chicks, especially after the second log.

I managed to snap this photo yesterday. It landed in my pond and I got the shot before it flew away....

Attachments

• DSC00917.jpg
    DSC00917.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 4
I really thought the duckling would not be able to save the chicks, especially after the second log.

The suspense was killing me. Did they make a sequel?

Seriously, those old cartoons are awesome. You gotta wonder if those guys were high or something to come up with some of those alternate realities. Very entertaining.

-ERD50

Back
Top Bottom