CBS news says we are a "Secret FIRE Cult"

..........Shortly after I left, the company was raided by the FBI and 3 senior executives went to jail. Karma is a b*tch
Were you able to remain anonymous for the "tip"? :LOL:

Were you able to remain anonymous for the "tip"? :LOL:
I honestly had nothing to do with it, but I am sure some people there thought I did. Google "Ill Wind"-it was about bribery of a government official.
At different times other divisions of this Megacorp had been investigated. I think there was some sort of a corporate culture.

Great quote:
Poor planning on your part does not necessitate an emergency on mine.

I once w*rked for a company that wanted me to come in on Saturday for "face time". I asked that they wanted me to drive an hour and a half just to show up for two hours. I was told I had a "bad attitude".
Shortly after I left, the company was raided by the FBI and 3 senior executives went to jail. Karma is a b*tch
Was that Enron?

I honestly had nothing to do with it, but I am sure some people there thought I did. Google "Ill Wind"-it was about bribery of a government official.
At different times other divisions of this Megacorp had been investigated. I think there was some sort of a corporate culture.
OK - did. Wow!

Last edited:
I think you mean hydrogen sulfide, the poisonous gas that smells like rotten eggs...

The stereotypical odor of those "old people" around here is sour milk. When I used to visit nursing homes to sing Christmas carols or read stories, that is what a lot of my fellow carolers spoke about. I never noticed it.

Yes, I mistyped it as sulfite.

About the smell of older people, it may be because weak and invalid elderlies are not physically able to shower daily and have to rely on assistance.

All kidding aside, I don't think people here think that older people categorically smell bad.

What was this thread topic anyway?

And how many from "management" worked on Thanksgiving?

Why they're always working of course!
I remember in grad school the Chief Marketing Officer of my employer came and talked to a class. He said how he had to work 12 hour days the last weekend. He didn't mention it was working the hospitality tent at the US Tennis Open which he also arranged to have the company sponsor or that it was held at the club where MegaCorp payed for his membership.

Yes, I mistyped it as sulfite.

About the smell of older people, it may be because weak and invalid elderlies are not physically able to shower daily and have to rely on assistance.

All kidding aside, I don't think people here think that older people categorically smell bad.

What was this thread topic anyway?

Something about a secret cult of FIRE people —- Farting, Indignant, Rank, Elderly or some such thing. :rolleyes:

I had to look up Garrison Keillor. See his photo below. Now, commenting on someone being homely is a much worse offense than saying he/she is cute, I think.

I guess we should keep the opinion to ourselves. :)

20150522_130117-2.jpg

He just got fired for inappropriate behavior too.

Garrison Keillor, most famous as the creator and host of “A Prairie Home Companion” on Minnesota Public Radio, has been fired effective immediately over “allegations of his inappropriate behavior with an individual who worked with him,” according to a statement from the radio network.
Mr. Keillor, 75, said he was fired over “a story that I think is more interesting and more complicated than the version M.P.R. heard,” according to The Associated Press.
Minnesota Public Radio said it would also cut off all business relationships with Mr. Keillor’s media companies, including ending distribution and broadcast of “The Writer’s Almanac” and rebroadcasts of “The Best of A Prairie Home Companion hosted by Garrison Keillor.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/29/business/media/garrison-keillor-fired.html

Suddenly lots of jobs are opening in the media, but they want choir boys from the Middle Ages.

All this talk about a secret handshake is fine as far as it goes; but just to be clear, I get all the money when I am the last person in this cult, err.. forum, living, right? That's what I was promised when I sent over my (substantial) initiation money to the Moderators Omerta Board. :)

-BB

...... That's what I was promised when I sent over my (substantial) initiation money to the Moderators Omerta Board. :)

-BB

You do have the certified mail receipt showing sending the payment to the associates in Sicily?:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom