Certified Preowned or Carmax 2015 Lexus

That's a nice story, thanks for sharing. In our area, I think all the Lexus dealerships within 100 miles are owned by the same person / family.

I have bought two RX's used and they are great cars. The Lexus dealer here has always dropped their pants for me on CPO cars and undercut anything at Carmax by thousands, so a completely different experience than the OP. But maybe they overprice them to start with, but I don't think so. I shoot for and end up with one of the lowest prices ever reported on all those car sales web sites and thousands below the truecar.com website.
LOL where are you located? Here in North Carolina, the Lexus dealers seem to think their CPO cars are made of gold.

Glad it all worked out for you.

Just curious, did the car have 39K miles on it? I was looking at possibly shipping that one from Raleigh, but it was quite a bit over KBB. $5K over if I recall correctly.

BTW, we have the same problem with Lexus dealers here in WA. We should remind them that the paint color is gold. It's not make of gold.

I ended up flying down to CA and driving one home.

NanoSour, Yes, the one I bought had 39,000 miles (cashmere exterior, parchment interior, beautiful) so it must be the same car. Once I got it to the Durham dealership I got the price down about $3000, still too high but I could live with it since the car was in such good condition and new tires and I did so well on the sale of my old car. I also got the Durham dealership to throw in some things--updated maps on the navigation, roof cross rails, a third key fob.

Well, looks like we're driving the same car. We too got the Cashmere/Parchment. We've only had it for 6 days, but we love driving it. Great car and I think you got a great deal, congrats.

Nano, interesting we recently bought the same car--cashmere RX with parchment interior, that is one beautiful car... maybe our cars can meet on the road sometime (but not likely since I am in NC and you are on the west coast!).

Back
Top Bottom