Changes in ER

freebird5825

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
lately i've been feeling some strange but good effects of ER.

mental transitions...

Type A while working is now scoring a Type A- to Type B+

losing that feeling of having to be somewhere, doing something...rush rush rush

instead of "what am i going to do today?", it's now "i can do x,y, or z. or none of the above today"

coincidentally (or is it?), it is now approx 1 year since i handed in my voluntary resignation letter. is my subconscious triggering this change over or are you all just a good influence on me? LOL

any thoughts? anyone else go thru this?

After a year I also lost that I have to accomplish something to be useful to society . Now some days I accomplish something and some days I just chill out .

After a year I also lost that I have to accomplish something to be useful to society . Now some days I accomplish something and some days I just chill out .
maybe i think too much LOL
i've been on the go go go since age 15, planning my career, nose to the grindstone etc etc. this is good stuff! but still haven't completely shed the old skin yet. there are still traces of the "gotta keep busy" persona.
i still keep calendar reminders, but they are for personal things, not w-wo-wor (agh!) related.

I think "strange effects" are a normal feeling. It's been 2 years for me. I guess the odd part was sipping my coffee and watching the neighbors heading out in the mornings. Second guessing myself and asking... did I do the right thing?.....do they know something I don't?

After years and years of punching a time clock at 7AM I still feel as if I'm living a dream and that somehow I don't deserve this.
The biggest things I've noticed is how the lack of stress has improved the way I feel. No more migrain headaches, indegestion, and I'm sleeping well.....no more laying awake at night wondering what the heck is going to happen tomorrow.

It's been more than three years, and it's hard to imagine it was ever different.

The alarm went off at 5:15AM?
I showered et al and got dressed and headed out into (sometimes cold and nasty) weather and walked across the parking lot and into that huge building?
I spent ~nine hours in that building with all the sensory overload (smells, sounds, lights, hard floors, too many people)?

Nah.
Just a bad dream.
Life has always been the slow awakening, the slow cup of tea, quiet except for the birds, reading the morning email with the cat on my lap, and deciding what to do (and not do).

I guess the odd part was sipping my coffee and watching the neighbors heading out in the mornings.

I found the solution for that odd feeling.......I wait to get out of bed until after the neighbors have already left! :D Although in the winter it does wake me up when they're out there scraping ice off the car windows and shoveling their driveways and walks.....but it doesn't bother me enough to actually get up and wave bye-bye! :2funny:

During the rest of the year I enjoy getting up early to sit on the patio, and smile and wave to them as they head out...
action-smiley-069.gif
...of course I make up for the early rising by taking an afternoon siesta, while they have their noses to the grindstone.
sleeping-smiley-006.gif

It's been more than three years, and it's hard to imagine it was ever different.

The alarm went off at 5:15AM?
I showered et al and got dressed and headed out into (sometimes cold and nasty) weather and walked across the parking lot and into that huge building?
I spent ~nine hours in that building with all the sensory overload (smells, sounds, lights, hard floors, too many people)?

Nah.
Just a bad dream.
Life has always been the slow awakening, the slow cup of tea, quiet except for the birds, reading the morning email with the cat on my lap, and deciding what to do (and not do).
i know i will be at that stage soon. you are truly helping to sketch out the path for me. thanks!

it's still all so fresh. the balance beam has 25+ years on one side of the fulcrum, and almost 1 year on the other. it is a real mental struggle to move the little gram weights from the pan on one side to the other side.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom