Cheap Beer of Choice

My cheap beer of choice is Trader Joes' "Simpler Times". It comes as lager or pilsner (I prefer the lager) for $2.99 for a six-pack. It would last me a long time if my SO weren't a whole lot better at drinking than myself!

Trader Joes here in CT does not sell this unfortunately...any idea who brews it for them?

Trader Joes here in CT does not sell this unfortunately...any idea who brews it for them?
It says on the can that it's brewed by Minhas Craft Brewery, Monroe, WI.

My SO saw me get the can out of the fridge to check the brewery and said "It's a bit early for that isn't it?"

Like I'd really be drinking at 9:30am...........

Beer is one of the few things I can drink without puking, but I seem to drink only cheap: Michelob, Corona, Heiniken, Sam Adams, Blue Moon, etc.

My favorite is a cold Corona with limes or lemons (and plenty of 'em).:D

Bud gives me a tremendous headache as does Shiner (a Texas brand), and I'm talking about only one beer--which is all I can handle anyway of any type.

I enjoy beer very much and am lucky to live here in the Northwest which is blessed with a ton of micro breweries. My current favorite is Manny's Pale Ale by Georgetown Brewery here in Seattle, but it is only available on draft (which is frankly how I drink the vast majority of beer I drink).

However if I drink a bottle beer I enjoy Redhook ESB which I currently have in my garage fridge right now.

But if I am going to drink a cheap beer when I am out and about - it would be Bud. Especially if I am listening to the blues. Earlier in my life when I lived in DC, I used to go listen to the blues at a local blues club that only served Budweiser, so I have this association in my head of Bud and Blues. It just doesn't seem right to listen to the blues drinking anything else.

Old Milwaukee was the last cheap beer I drank. But I have not had more than 5-6 beers in probably 35 years, so I'm open to suggestions.

Keystone seems to be popular with the college students around here.

I like Blue Moon and Boulevard Wheat.

Keystone seems to be popular with the college students around here.
Reminds me of a joke:

How does Coors brew Keystone beer? Park a water truck overnight in the brewery parking lot.

How does Coors brew Keystone Light? Drive a water truck past the brewery.

I thought it had something to do with goat pee...

The absolute worst beer I ever drank was Carling's Black Label. Bought for $3.99 a case, the cops made us pour it out. Best thing they could've done...

Second worst: Meister Brau

Black Label was our beer of choice for drinking games. Nasty stuff.
Worst was Lowenbrau. Must be related to Meister Brau.
Cheapest beer we'd be willing to drink without quarters being involved was Olympia. It's the water. No, really, not just a slogan, a fact.

And I agree with that Keystone joke, REW!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom