Cheap San Diego real estate!

Nords

Moderator Emeritus
Well, it's not exactly "in" San Diego but it's surrounded by it. And it moves with the tide. Let's just say that it's the most affordable piece of waterfront California real estate you're likely to see this week.

The advertising copy is a masterful piece of persuasive writing. I can almost smell the salt air now...

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/boa/110343961.html

As this board seems to attest, that's not a bad thought all in all. It's certainly big enough for one person, and offers far more "amenties" than your average apartment/house ever could. I'm sure there are some retired Navy guys that woud enjoy it, at least for a few years until they get a cushy job with a defense contractor.

I had a friend who lived on one of these for years. He rowed his dingy in every morning and drove to the gym where he took a shower. After a day of work, he rowed his dingy back out and slept rent free. I've lost touch with him over the years, but it seemed like a pretty good LBYM lifestyle.

Humm... There are heads today that burn waste.  I am not sure what is required with gray water.  There are solar systems now such that you don't need to hook up to the local power grid. 

The seller mentions a new engine, but nothing about the hull.  Hope the the purchaser knows a good marine surveyor, and an honest boatyard.

Back
Top Bottom