Children's International Summer Village

Maximillion

Full time employment: Posting here.
http://www.cisvusa.org/

This is NOT Religious organisation, but a Parent Driven group whiose mandate is to provide an opportunity for a Foreign Child to stay and visit with an American Family, and they in turn will take responsibility for allowing your child to stay and visit with them.

You do not drop your child off and take out your Credit Card, you must be activly involved and be prepared to give your time and effort.

Both my Son's participated, it was one of the more meaningful events of their lives.

the theory is if kids get to know Foreigners when they are young, they are less likely to shoot them when they get older.

Maximillion said:
the theory is if kids get to know Foreigners when they are young, they are less likely to shoot them when they get older.

What if my goal in life is to train my child to be a lethal soldier, trained to kill the enemy (usually foreigners)? Is this program still recommended?

Justin, first define a Foreigner, is that a Non White, or someone who settled in the US after you did??

The amount of US soldiers dying from friendly fire, you had better train your children, if you are sure they are yours'? in pacifism.

Maximillion said:

Maximillion said:
Justin, first define a Foreigner, is that a Non White, or someone who settled in the US after you did??
The amount of US soldiers dying from friendly fire, you had better train your children, if you are sure they are yours'? in pacifism.
Welcome to the board, Max. I think.

I appreciate the chance to learn about the exchange program, but is it necessary to frame it in these terms? Perhaps you could approach our edification in a less confrontational manner...

As for the comment "If you are sure they are yours", I think that's just plain unnecessary.

Maximillion said:

I think ole Maxi is a wee bit of a troll. Or Canadian. Not sure yet... The bitter winters may have made him bitter.

Nords said:
As for the comment "If you are sure they are yours", I think that's just plain unnecessary.

That's ok Nords, he's just insinuating that my daughter may be an illegitimate bastard child. I get this all the time in polite conversation. Such as yesterday someone told me "Your daughter is so beautiful. She really favors your wife more than you." This person is really suggesting that my daughter may be an illegitimate bastard child. ;)

I'm pretty sure she's my daughter though, since she's the smartest little 11 month old in the world. She inherited that from me.

And you're posting here instead of learning to walk?

Lazy, selfish bastard kid.

I still think theres a chance gabe isnt my kid. He likes broccolli. He wakes up happy. He's way too cute. Maybe the UPS, fed ex or usps delivery people...but they're all women...hmmm....well while thats biologically implausible, I believe I'll think on it for a while...

I have to do the kitchen cleaning around here. I always pick up the utero so nobody has to walk in it.

Cute Fuzzy Bulldog said:
I have to do the kitchen cleaning around here. I always pick up the utero so nobody has to walk in it.

Reminds me of my early childhood. At -3 months old, "Justin, pick up the utero, someone's going to trip over it."

Ah yes, the abuse...I'll bet by 5 months they had you picking the string beans and weeding tomatoes. Then making shoes at 7.

Some days I miss it. At least there was structure and accomplishment.

I'm so happy. I just figured out that when it snows in the winter, my daughter will literally have to "walk up hill both ways to school in the snow". Neighborhood is hilly and school is within walking distance in the neighborhood. :) Now to get her picking beans and weeding the garden.

Cute Fuzzy Bulldog said:
I still think theres a chance gabe isnt my kid.  He likes broccolli.  He wakes up happy. He's way too cute.  Maybe the UPS, fed ex or usps delivery people...but they're all women...hmmm....well while thats biologically implausible, I believe I'll think on it for a while...

Ah well, with 7720 posts how could you possibly find time to have----you know,,,, that baby making activity  :-\

PS, No,  I don't want you to install a webcam :eek:

He's got a 32 incher (the monitor, folks, the monitor ::) ). My guess is he's got a wireless keyboard and he can see the monitor from the bedroom.

(CF animal's wife - sign up on these here forums and verify the accuracy of my guess! Use the screenname "Cute Fuzzy's Wife". oh yeah, sorry about your Lexus. I needed a paint sample to match the color for the paint I'm using to paint my cat's doghouse. Scratching the paint off with a key was the best way to get the sample, since I figured you wouldn't want me to tow your car to Home Depot for a color match. Just trying to be considerate.)

I have time for all sorts of things. Already got the wife up, cooked her breakfast, packed her lunch, sent her off to work. Cleaned the kitchen, including picking up all the utero. Ran a load of dishes, washed two pots from last nights dinner. Made up baby bottles. Took out the trash. Emptied the diaper genie. Picked up all of gabes toys so he can throw them all under the couch again. Fed the dogs and cats. Heck, probably four other things I cant recall.

new laptop 'puters on the kitchen counter. Between tasks I poke the refresh button to see whats new and tap in a response or two.

Sneaking in some time with the wife to look for cabbage plants and storks is easy...

...and there goes the baby monitor.........see ya all later

from troll alert to a discussion on being in utero. You guys are quite creative :LOL:

Cute Fuzzy Bulldog said:
I have time for all sorts of things.  Already got the wife up, cooked her breakfast, packed her lunch, sent her off to work.  Cleaned the kitchen, including picking up all the utero.  Ran a load of dishes, washed two pots from last nights dinner.  Made up baby bottles.  Took out the trash.  Emptied the diaper genie.  Picked up all of gabes toys so he can throw them all under the couch again.  Fed the dogs and cats.  Heck, probably four other things I cant recall.

CFB after another challenging day as super homemaker.
img_364957_0_6020a16369db1cf140a91d4a7feafa2a.jpg

Martha stewart isnt fit to carry my dirty laundry...

I am once again amazed at the heroic efforts of Huggies Overnight Diapers...

Maximillion:

Looks like you campaigning for "rookie troll of the year". :bat: Why don't you post something about yourself and desire for financial independence or are you going to burn out after a couple days?

maddy, not a rookie, I retired Full Time at 54, Money is not, nor has ever been a problem, I just reacted to an inane response to a serious question, but if you guys are at that level, so be it.

I was disappointed this thread degenerated into school girl giggling, seems a little cliquy here??

Back
Top Bottom