China 'is more popular' than US

Yeah, right. Can you see the rafts and boats, the illegal immigrants, all trying desperately to get to China? :D

Victory has a 1000 fathers - defeat even if only perceived is an orphan.

With nephews and niece (and a married in Marine - black sheep in every family) - 8 trips to the Middle East since 1994.

The egg is broken - and we had better try to cook the omlette - we've already paid/are paying the price of cooking school.

My opinion is selfish - keep the family safe - and when the chickens come home to roost(stock, world markets) - and they will - just like after Vietnam - rock up and pay the piper, hopefully not to dent my ER too much.

Of course - I'm just an old lunch bucket Dem - even if I were an en-ga-neer for 30 yrs.

Actually they go by land from North Korea. The rest is internal - from the country to the city. And then there is the Yankee $ (and Yen) flowing mightily in search of capital opportunity.

Remember De Gaul - I wouldn't count us out just yet. Flows can change.

Why is China suddenly getting so much attention? (Cover of Newsweek, weekly series on the News Hour, etc.). Did they just hire a new PR firm or something?

China will take over the world... kinda like Japan was going to in the 80s.

Eagle43 said:
Yeah, right.  Can you see the rafts and boats, the illegal immigrants, all trying desperately to get to China?  :D

It just proves what vile, worthless moral retards most of the citizens of those democracies are.

Makes me wish (kind of) we could follow the lyrics of that song:

"Let's drop the big one, see what happens...
BOOM goes London, BOOM Paree..."

There are people throughout the world who are desperately seeking a better life for themselves and their families, just as my Irish ancestors did 100s of years ago, what about that makes a democracy "moral retards"?

Art, although I respect folks who are looking for workable solutions to America's immigration problems, I think that it is blowhards like you that bring the discussion to a level that is so assinine that is is really not even a discussion.

shiney said:
There are people throughout the world who are desperately seeking a better life for themselves and their families... what about that makes a democracy "moral retards"? 

Not a damn thing.

You misunderstood my point completely, so I'll try again.

Anyone who prefers Mainland China's government, which is the largest torturer and violator of human rights on the planet- to the U.S. Government- is a moral retard.

And anyone who can misunderstand my simple post as completely as you did, madam, is a mental retard.

Art said:
Anyone who prefers Mainland China's government, which is the largest torturer and violator of human rights on the planet- to the U.S. Government- is a moral retard.

Art - what do you base this assertion on?

First of all, I don't think it would be prudent for starving North Koreans to try to make it all the way to the US, seems smarter for them to try to get to China.

Secondly, I'm sorry I ever responded to someone who calls anyone else a "retard", I should have learned that lesson in the 3rd grade.

Notth said:
Art - what do you base this assertion on?

Which assertion, th?

That Mainland China is the biggest torturer and violator of human rights in the world?

Or that anyone who prefers their government over the U.S. government is a moral retard?

Which assertion do you need help with, th?

shiney said:
First of all, I don't think it would be prudent for starving North Koreans to try to make it all the way  to the US, seems smarter for them to try to get to China.

This thread is about morally comparing Mainland China to the U.S.- not to North Korea, but, whatever...

Art said:
That Mainland China is the biggest torturer and violator of human rights in the world?

Yep...that one. Not that I'm saying its patently false, but I was just wondering which propaganda you were reading from this week. ;)

Unless of course you took a break from spending time with the Shindler family to spend a few months touring China to see how they treat their people. :p

Actually we dont. I dont know anything about China except what I'm fed by people with an agenda.

When I dont know something, I act like I dont know it. I dont just repeat the agenda tilted story and get mad about it. Or I try to find all the angles and form my own opinion based on what appears to be actual data gathered by people who werent paid or stood to make a profit from my seeing something their way.

But do go on.

Notth said:
Unless of course you took a break... to spend a few months touring China to see how they treat their people. :p

And, th, during your Totally Excellent trip through China- during which you saw "how they treat their people", did you see how they brutally crush the increasing peasant rebellions? Did you get to see many torture and death camps? Did you catch many executions?

You're a smart guy, th- why do you find the need to post such stupid crap?

Notth said:
Actually we dont.  I dont know anything about China except what I'm fed by people with an agenda.

I take it back, th. You're not as bright as I thought.

Gee thats the point Art...I dont know for sure, and neither do you.

I dont know how many peasant rebellions they have, what the peasants are rebelling about, how the government treats them, or why they treat them that way. I dont know if there are torture and death camps. I dont know how many executions they have.

And neither do you.

However it appears we have our own torture and death camp, maybe more than one, and we execute plenty of people here...

Notth said:
Gee thats the point Art...I dont know for sure, and neither do you.

Speak for yourself, th.

Just to clue you in, we actually do have a free press here, unlike Mainland China. Anyone with half a brain, and a willingness to find the truth, knows that the Communist Chinese dictatorship- for all its economic progress- is a bloody, brutal, murderous regime that uses violence to maintain power.

It's mind-boggling that you don't know this. Actually, it's pathetic.

Th, were you out of town on another one of your groovy, far out, Totally Excellent Adventures during a little thing called the Tianamenn Square massacre?

Art said:
Th, were you out of town on another one of your groovy, far out, Totally Excellent Adventures during a little thing called the Tianamenn Square massacre?

Was that anything like Kent State?

By the way, before any 3rd parties get riled up, I dont doubt China is probably a bad place. I'm just pointing out that I dont simply and automatically buy in that its the worst or to anything I read in 'the news' or 'from reports'. And I'm not saying the US is an awful, awful place either...its clearly one of the best in the world.

Its just that...

Nah, nevermind ;)

Art said:

Care to tell us what the Tiennamen Square massacre was about, th?

Back
Top Bottom