Chocolate tea?

Amethyst

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Conscience wouldn't let me splice this into the Keurig thread...

Has anybody tried chocolate tea? If so, what did you think of it? How would it compare with hot chocolate?

It seems quite expensive, but if it really delivers chocolate taste in tea form, I would spring for a box:

Chocolate Tea - Herbal Tea - Tisano

Amethyst

I have not tried Chocolate Flavored Tea -- and reasonably sure that I never will. However, I do have a Recipe for Hot Chocolate that should ease any dietary fears. Cocoa has way too many benefits to avoid it... and it tastes so good when the bitterness is removed -- with Splenda and Oil, in this case.

(I use Hershey's Cocoa Natural Unsweetened powder. And Splenda seems to be the only Artificial Sweetner that works with Cocoa.)

cocoa.JPG

Have not tasted the referenced tea, but I have had a chocolate macadamia tea. Not bad, but not chocolate. Gave the box to DIL and she likes it.

I bought some mate from Tazo Chocolate that they had done with some of their chocolate - very nice. I still think their chocolate Mexicano discs make the best hot chocolate.

Can't say that I've tried it. However, in my really lean years, when living on one meal a day, had cocoa drinks so well diluted that they could pass for tea.

Do not care to refresh the taste memory of that.:whistle:

Several local stores carry Stash brand teas. They make a Chocolate tea that I've had.

It didn't do much for me, as it's still tea. It does have a chocolate aroma.

Maybe if you used sweetener, it would make it more chocolate-like.

This tea is so popular, that it gets sold out whenever they stock it. So it's rather hard to find.

omni

Back
Top Bottom