Join Early Retirement Today

Christian the Lion
Old 07-22-2008, 02:29 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Christian the Lion

My mother sent this to me and I just had to share it with all of you. Having shared my life with animals for many years I know they are capable of love. I have worked with many rescued cats and kittens who were terrified, traumatized, ill or neglected and each one has touched me and made me a better person. Honestly, at times, I really think they know what it means to be rescued. I know there are many animal lovers in this group and I hope you enjoy this. Please feel free to share any stories you have about how animals have shown you love.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2008, 08:02 PM   #2

Aawwh! I saw this on the Today show this morning. So touching!

We rescued 2 cats one summer. They were feral and petrified of us. We kept them in a small room and slowly kept introducing human contact. We did this for months, and eventually they let us pet them, etc. Eventually, we decided to let them back out into the back yard, as we knew they loved being outside. They took off...

For a day or two we didn't see them My husband would go out back, calling their names out over and over again. Finally, he heard a little "meow" and out popped Pretu from the tall grass. His brother Cosa was not far behind. What a great reunion!

They stayed with us for several years in PA. They loved to play in the yard. They even loved to play in the snow; here you can see them playing in a tunnel we made after a blizzard one year.

Cosa has since passed, but we still have our Pretu. He's moved with us across the country and now is a very happy, spoiled, fat cat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Recent Pics 018.jpg (133.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Pretu chillin' on the couch in MS.jpg (255.6 KB, 1 views)

(55, married; Mr. Simple Girl, 59. FIRED 12/31/19!)
simple girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:45 AM   #3
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purron View Post
My mother sent this to me and I just had to share it with all of you. Having shared my life with animals for many years I know they are capable of love. I have worked with many rescued cats and kittens who were terrified, traumatized, ill or neglected and each one has touched me and made me a better person. Honestly, at times, I really think they know what it means to be rescued. I know there are many animal lovers in this group and I hope you enjoy this. Please feel free to share any stories you have about how animals have shown you love.

Very touching story, though that big cat could maul the hell out of you, even just being "playful". One swipe of a claw, and you'd be picking up intestines. Not recommended...

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:18 AM   #4
Dryer sheet aficionado

Wow that is a great story, but I must admit I was tense the whole time wondering if Christian was going to attack every time he jumped on one of them.
Jessica08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:31 AM   #5
Give me a forum ...

We have two ferals, SG, that we trapped at the gas station about 3 years ago as kittens. Did the same thing you did, but I still have a pawprint on the ceiling of our bathroom from the first time we tried to pet them!
Nowadays they are happy, sassy girls that sleep with us and chat with DH over coffee every morning. Jinx and Minx are their real names, but one we call the sausage for her shape (she's a black/white like yours), and the other is mostly called the Tabby-nation. Wish I had some pics, yours are adorable, Simple Girl. Good job on the rescue.

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:38 AM   #6
Confused about dryer sheets

Wonderful stories--about Christian and the two little feral cats. We have two rescue cats that we got as kittens--too small to be weaned, but we kept at it. They are now eight years old and the best pets in the world.
Reader Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:45 PM   #7
Give me a forum ...

Here are pics of Coventry and Paddington. Two "bottle babies" my DH and I recently cared for. They are both in new homes now

Sarah and Simple Girl - I love your stories about the feral kitties!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Coventry.JPG (432.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Paddington.JPG (407.5 KB, 3 views)
Old 07-23-2008, 10:11 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purron View Post
Here are pics of Coventry and Paddington. Two "bottle babies" my DH and I recently cared for. They are both in new homes now

Sarah and Simple Girl - I love your stories about the feral kitties!

Oh my goodness, how sweet are those little ones!

(55, married; Mr. Simple Girl, 59. FIRED 12/31/19!)
simple girl is offline   Reply With Quote