city pass

frank

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I am going to washington d.c. and san francisco this summer and was wondering if anyone here has used the city pass. I see it on the internet and was wondering if it was worth using? did it save money? did you see everything you wanted covered under the pass?

In San Francisco, the pass includes unlimited Muni/cable car rides for a week. Without a pass, that fare alone can add up pretty quickly.

Here is the detail of the savings:
Official San Francisco CityPASS® | 5 San Francisco Attractions for $69

Even if you skip a couple of included attractions, you would still come out ahead. If you stay less than a week and skip a couple of included attractions, then it won't really save you money.

Last edited:
A long time ago when I had no car, someone was visiting and we spent the day sightseeing in San Fran. We used public transportation, and by the end of the day we'd spent several HOURS waiting for buses, and spent more than a car rental would have cost.

We used the Citypass for SanFran a few years back, ended up being a great deal. Especially as we ended up seeing a few "extra" sightseeing venues we might have skipped.

Going to see if New York has a similar pass for our upcoming big apple trip.

SIS

ShortInSeattle said:
We used the Citypass for SanFran a few years back, ended up being a great deal. Especially as we ended up seeing a few "extra" sightseeing venues we might have skipped.

Going to see if New York has a similar pass for our upcoming big apple trip.

SIS

I found the x-day unlimited subway passes to be worth the money. Spending a half hour on the plane learning the subway lines was well spent for me also.

I would skip it in Washington . There is so much to see there that is free that it probably would be a waste . We have visited Washington several times and the only museum we paid for was the Spy Museum which was well worth it . We also used the hop on hop off trolley tour .

mh said:
I found the x-day unlimited subway passes to be worth the money. Spending a half hour on the plane learning the subway lines was well spent for me also.

Thanks for the tip.

Back
Top Bottom