Civics Quiz - How'd ya do?

I read that as if I pay $1,000 in taxes, the gov't spends $1,000 on my benefits? Not $999 or $1,001 but $1,000. Maybe I read it wrong. When I do reread it, I think I took it to literal.

I missed that question too, and partly for the same reason. I also read "no debt" on (a) but thought "no deficit", so I gave that answer. If they had used "per capita" instead of "per person" I might have gotten it right, which is silly because the two phrases mean more or less the same thing.

You answered 29 out of 33 correctly — 87.88 %.

Haven't given thought to Plato and Socrates since a philosophy class about 1970. Picked the wrong amendment.

You answered 22 out of 33 correctly — 66.67 % But I am a Canuk Techie

Bruce

You answered 27 out of 33 correctly — 81.82 %

my wrong answers
Question #7 - D. Gettysburg Address
Question #10 - C. Religion
Question #12 - B. the Supreme Court struck down most legal restrictions on it in Roe v. Wade
Question #13 - E. certain permanent moral and political truths are accessible to human reason
Question #14 - B. stressed the sinfulness of all humanity
Question #33 - D. tax per person equals government spending per person

You answered 22 out of 33 correctly — 66.67 % But I am a Canuk Techie

Bruce
TY TY TY for taking me out of the cellar (i got 24 right). I'm an American techie.
i was actually surprised i did as well as i did. i musta been awake in history class that day. :D
now give us a math or science quiz and we'll blow doors down, eh? ;)

87.88 and embarrassed should have had at least two of the four I missed. Which brings me back to OP november avg score is 78% what the H is going on wit US elected officials at 44%. If you check with my spouse she will tell you I am no rocket scientist.

87.88 and embarrassed should have had at least two of the four I missed. Which brings me back to OP november avg score is 78% what the H is going on wit US elected officials at 44%. If you check with my spouse she will tell you I am no rocket scientist.

i answered 24 out of 33 correctly — 72.73 %
feel better?

72.73% that makes me below average but smarter than a politician.
that made my day! :D

81%

but I also think a lot of the questions were a bit odd or tilted to a particular point of view...the tax one didn't make sense to me...if a billionaire pays millions in taxes, do they also receive millions in services? Some pay no taxes and receive a lot of services...

Welllll - look at it this way:

We all know it was John Wayne who really shot Lee Marvin(Liberty Valence) not that silly lawyer guy(Jimmy Stewart).

Skip the nit picky stuff - we know the good guys and bad guys right?

heh heh heh - :cool: If my mind is made up - why do I need civics lessions?? :rolleyes: :D.

I still can't wait to hear how my ex Congressman(from pre Katrina) explains the marked money in his freezer in the garage - say it ain't so Bill.

Back
Top Bottom