Join Early Retirement Today

Old 12-07-2019, 01:18 PM   #81
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset View Post
These days it's recognized that anyone of any sexual interest/orientation, can go into the change room.
In the old days, nobody really thought about the fellow looking at you with interest in his eyes. Now it's acceptable.

It's not surprising to me that some cover up as they don't want the attention or to be gawked at.
This may come as a surprise to you, but there have always been gay men in the locker room with you. I'm sure you're a fine specimen, but they really aren't interested in you. So you can rest easy.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2019, 06:12 PM   #82
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

At my gym we have an outdoor hot tub in the men’s locker room that is private. Anyone who is mid 50’s and up just walks out there naked. It seems rather silly to bring a bathing suite to the gym just to sit in the hot tub for ten minutes. But the younger generation never goes in the tub without a bathing suit. I think the millennials are much more conscious of their bodies. It may have something to do with the social media generation they grew up with and all the focus on appearance.

I never wear a bathing suit in the hot tub and I don’t really care who wants to look at me. I’ve been to nude beaches before as well. No big deal. I’m never going to see these people again so if they really want to look at me while I’m sunbathing nude let them have at it.
Ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 06:37 PM   #83
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakers View Post
I Just Don't Look Good Naked Anymore

Wondered how long before someone posted a link to that song. Use to see Smokey perform at least once a year before we moved and that was an always requested song from the audience.
Jeb-NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 07:04 PM   #84
Dryer sheet wannabe

DW and I participated in a Naked Bicycle Ride a few years ago, the World Naked Bike Ride in Portland. It was a blast. Just 4 miles and "bare as you dare" is the protocol. We can't wait to participate again.

See this FFI: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Naked_Bike_Ride
JK7255407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 07:04 PM   #85

I was just perusing Quora before this, and came upon this 70 year old in a bikini.
https://www.quora.com/What-does-a-70...rma-R-Williams
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Norma.jpg (184.1 KB, 55 views)
Time2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 11:17 PM   #86
Recycles dryer sheets

Many people feel very differently about this. I have never had an issue with nudity and in Europe it is "normal" if you go to a sauna it will be mixed gender and mandatory nudity. I never thought much about it although it was kind of weird to be sitting there with a bunch of naked people. My wife; however, is Russian and will never expose her body in public ever and refused to go naked in the saunas in Switzerland or Germany. In Russia men and women sauna separately even if family and I have experienced this in Moscow with her family and friends.

Our home here in Hungary is completely private and we planted several hundred Cypresses which are 30 feet tall and give complete privacy. Here in our own home she goes naked all the time when gardening and our help are not around. She always swims in our pool nude. I am the same and do yoga out by the pool and swim naked. We do sauna together as a couple so that isn't something she is averse to. We have Armenian friends ho are into the whole nudist scene all the way and she has refused them to come and go nude at our home. So, beats me what that is all about. I don't go nude on my yacht but I do shed down to a small bottom so pretty close to nude.

But, beware of the sun. I have now had 3 melanomas removed over the years. So, payback is a bitch. I grew up in Southern Calif and surfing was my thing for many years. I also was a marathoner and ran in just shorts in the desert for many years as well. I also spent 30 years in the Army in sunny places where the sun is not your friend. My genetic tribe come from Northern Europe in places that never saw the sun much. I am blonde with blue eyes and my mother a real Irish redhead (with temperament). I got her freckled skin but not her hair although my son got her hair but not her skin. She is 94 and has never, not even once, gone out in the sun uncovered and still has had several melanomas so we are genetically cursed for skin cancer. On the other hand she is 94 and doing well and looks 70. So YMWV.
Old Microbiologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 03:50 AM   #87
Recycles dryer sheets

Spent time at a nudist beach in Noosa national park a couple of times, decades ago. Husband and I sleep nude and go naked in our spa. Although the spa is in our back yard we have a high fence and are not overlooked by any of the neighbors. My husband is comfortable being naked at home, indoors or out, but I am more modest.
Old 12-11-2019, 10:18 AM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winemaker View Post
During my w*rking years in the coal mines, there were group showers for the male salary employees and the male hourly employees. As females entered the profession in the early '80s, facilities were built for the females. At shift change, there was always 50-60 men showering in the hourly mens bath house, and 10-15 men in the salary bath house. No issues at any of the 8-10 mines I w*rked at.
There was only one memorable story during my years in the chemical industry about the plant locker rooms and showers.

As a young engineer, I was covering for the shift supervisor one day during a safety drill. I went into the control room looking for "Don", one of the new guys, but he wasn't there. I asked the operators in the control room, where's Don? The chief operator said, "he's late, he's probably still dragging that 'thang' outta his old lady". Everybody acknowledged this affirmatively in a matter of fact manner, no humor at all, which seemed strange to me, so I asked, "what's up with that?"

The chief explained, "it's common knowledge. Remember Don's first day in the plant last week. Well, word got around after that shift's shower, and the next day, just about the whole plant was in the locker room to 'gaze in wide wonder at the joy they had found'. That's why everyone calls him Tripod."
latexman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 10:21 AM   #89
Dryer sheet aficionado

reminds me of a commercial that was on a while back. I think it was either a coke or a pepsi commercial but not sure.

A group of young kids were on a bike looking over the Woodstock grounds were the original "woodstock" took place. There were a bunch of 50-60 year olds dancing around having fun.

One kid said to another, "Are they going to take their clothes off"?
The other kid said, "I HOPE NOT".
mijoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 03:24 PM   #90
Recycles dryer sheets

Nobody but nobody wants to see me naked! Bahahahaha!
Murph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 08:47 PM   #91
Full time employment: Posting here.

DW and I are members of a nudist resort. At first it was awkward, but the people are some of the nicest people we have ever met. After the initial shock, you don't really notice anything. Sure, an exceptionally good looking person will be noticed, but chances are they're too full of themselves to stay around. We all have defects which define us, and at the resorts we have been to, the "defects" are actually beauty marks.
Just my two cents worth.
Taxman59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 03:17 PM   #92
Dryer sheet aficionado

There's a lot to learn for some of us here:
https://www.nakedwanderings.com/start-here/
As they say, life is just better without clothes.

We spend our winters here and love it.
https://cypresscoveresort.com/
Don't knock it til you try it.
Duke of Sands is online now   Reply With Quote