Join Early Retirement Today

Old 02-12-2012, 05:08 AM   #41
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipro3 View Post
My mother visited me in a dream a couple weeks ago. Instead of the 78 years at the time of death, mom was around mid 40's and very lovely. She woke me up and I couldn't believe she was there. I kept telling her to hang on, that I wanted to wake up DW because no one was going to believe me that my mom had come back from the dead. She told me there wasn't time, that she just wanted to stop by and say hi. She said 'they' were on the way to go get Bill. I looked behind her out the window and there were several people I recognized. All dead now. I woke up and didn't think a whole lot about it until later that day when my dad called to tell me his brother, my Uncle Bill had passed away very early that morning. He had been in the hospital for several days fighting a respiratory complication. I had no idea he had been ill. He was 75 and always seemed healthy. He was 5 years younger than my dad, who is 80 and going strong.

I went to his memorial service and thought about telling my cousin, Uncle Bill's son, about my dream, but didn't...
Simply amazing! I have goosebumps. I do believe in communication from beyond and this is just amazing.
Moscyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2012, 01:32 PM   #42
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I finally had a comforting dream about my momma a few nights ago.

She passed away in October of last year. I've had several dreams about her; unfortunately they have all been bad. They are too painful to talk about, but I will say she looked right through me. She never recognized me.

In the dream I had the other night, she was talking to me and looking in my eyes. (However, I don't remember what she was saying). I suddenly realized she was speaking clearly and what she said made sense. I looked at her and said, "You don't have Alzheimer's anymore..." She smiled, reached out to me and said, "No darlin'...I don't."

Yes, it was a comforting dream for me.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:37 PM   #43
Give me a forum ...

That's a very comforting dream. I am glad that you had that.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:38 PM   #44
Give me a forum ...

I'm so happy about this. You have been a wonderful daughter; I am glad she could come to you and reassure you.

Ha
Old 07-07-2012, 02:44 PM   #45
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post
I'm so happy about this. You have been a wonderful daughter; I am glad she could come to you and reassure you.

Ha
I agree Ha....

...open up your mind and see like me...
Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:32 PM   #46
Give me a forum ...

Can't believe I didn't see this thread before. While I am not big on ghosts, mediums, ouija boards etc., I don't doubt there is some form of residual ability for loved ones who've died to communicate with us. If it hasn't happened to you, don't feel left out. Spirits are not like us, so we may not always be able to pick up their "signals" so to speak.

When my Mother died after a long, long illness - barely a scrap of her left - I dreamed I saw her long-dead mother, her sister (my aunt) who'd died years before, and my Mother. Nana and my aunt looked about 40 years old, strong and beautiful, but Mom was sick, pale, and didn't recognize me. Yet, her hair was turning back from white to chestnut brown, something I had never seen in real life (her hair was white when I was born).

Nana explained, kindly and matter-of-factly, that when a soul suffers for a long time on Earth, it can take quite a while in Heaven for the soul to heal completely. Mom was in the midst of that healing process. This dream was very comforting to my grieving siblings and me.

W2R - hardly a day goes by that I don't hear the "voice of" either my mother or father coming out of my mouth. When someone notices my problem-solving ability, I'm almost consciously channeling my dad; when they comment on my kindness, I'm doing something that mom would do.

Amethyst
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 05:20 PM   #47
Moderator Emeritus

I know what you mean, Amethyst. I see my mother in myself frequently, and it is comforting.

I had a very vivid dream about my dear (departed) mother a few nights ago. She was at her most beautiful, with a radiant smile on her face, and nothing was wrong. In the dream, somehow I lost her in a parking garage before we had a chance to spend time together. It was nice to know that she was doing well, but I was so sad that we didn't have a chance to talk.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:34 PM   #48
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
I know what you mean, Amethyst. I see my mother in myself frequently, and it is comforting.

I had a very vivid dream about my dear (departed) mother a few nights ago. She was at her most beautiful, with a radiant smile on her face, and nothing was wrong. In the dream, somehow I lost her in a parking garage before we had a chance to spend time together. It was nice to know that she was doing well, but I was so sad that we didn't have a chance to talk.
I've know what you mean about being sad of not having a chance to talk. I still have dreams of my mom (she passed away many years ago). Rarely do I dream of her anymore while she was ill and in the hospital. Instead, usually she's just in the background or sometimes we do talk. Comforting either way.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:52 PM   #49
Give me a forum ...

I haven't had a dream about my Mom (passed 2001) or my husband (passed 2004) in quite a while. I know when the anniversaries of their passing, both in October, arrive, I will have more waking remembrances and perhaps a few dreams.
And every instant of memory is a sweet comfort.

Every time I look in the mirror, there is Mom looking back at me. If I put on red lipstick, it is really amazing. I love that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JackieMay2012HCutCorr.jpg (28.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg MomAge72.jpg (502.3 KB, 5 views)
Old 07-08-2012, 07:07 AM   #50
Give me a forum ...

Same "Come over here and get a hug" smile - amazing resemblance!

I thought I didn't look like either of my parents (except the hair, which I got from both barrels sides) - because my parents were middle-aged when they had me. So there I was, a teenager with two white-haired parents. Then my mom pulled out a B&W snapshot of my Dad at age 17 and I thought, "OMG - those are MY eyes!"

I never dream about Dad, but he does speak to me in the back of my mind.

Amethyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird5825 View Post
I haven't had a dream about my Mom (passed 2001) or my husband (passed 2004) in quite a while. I know when the anniversaries of their passing, both in October, arrive, I will have more waking remembrances and perhaps a few dreams.
And every instant of memory is a sweet comfort.

Every time I look in the mirror, there is Mom looking back at me. If I put on red lipstick, it is really amazing. I love that.
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:48 AM   #51
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbamI View Post
I finally had a comforting dream about my momma a few nights ago.

She passed away in October of last year. I've had several dreams about her; unfortunately they have all been bad. They are too painful to talk about, but I will say she looked right through me. She never recognized me.

In the dream I had the other night, she was talking to me and looking in my eyes. (However, I don't remember what she was saying). I suddenly realized she was speaking clearly and what she said made sense. I looked at her and said, "You don't have Alzheimer's anymore..." She smiled, reached out to me and said, "No darlin'...I don't."

Yes, it was a comforting dream for me.
What a tough year you have had. Such a lovely image of your mother--maybe she wants you to forget about her illness and remember her in her and your happiest days together.

Maybe once a year or so I'll wake up and swear my mother (passed away in 1972) had been sitting at the end of the bed. It has been comforting through the years.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:50 AM   #52
Full time employment: Posting here.

I dreamt of my father 2 days ago (he passed away in Sept last year). He died of various illness but in this dream, he was in excellent health - robust and talking and smiling with great health. I woke up and can't remember what he was saying but the fact that he looked so wonderful and with no pain really cheered me up a lot.
Moscyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:53 AM   #53
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by easysurfer View Post
That's a very comforting dream. I am glad that you had that.
Very conservative with investments. Not ER'd yet, 48 years old. Please do not take anything I write or imply as legal, financial or medical advice directed to you. Contact your own financial advisor, healthcare provider, or attorney for financial, medical and legal advice.
obgyn65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:24 AM   #54
Give me a forum ...

It's been going on a year and a half since my dear friend passed away. I still have comforting dreams of her. Last night in the dream she visited and we greeted each other. "Just a hello and how are you doing?" In the dream I've accepted that she has passed away, but at the same time haven't forgotten. I said (or just intuititively felt) to her "I'll give you a hug now before you go away" and she said "Sure, until next time"). We hugged and smiled, then I woke up.