Join Early Retirement Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Re: Comments to "W" from Bill Maher
Old 06-06-2006, 05:38 PM   #21
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Comments to "W" from Bill Maher

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurence
Hey, I have a great idea, let's revive the Gay Marraige debate again right before midterm elections! We haven't talked about it since-gasp!-the last election!
That Gay Marriage ban wouldn't have prevented Clinton from committing the act he committed and lying about it. Under oath.
You are only 26 years old. I gave you far too much credit to carry on an intelligent discussion. Sorry! - I'll chalk it up to your immaturity.
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: Comments to "W" from Bill Maher
Old 06-06-2006, 05:39 PM   #22
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
cute fuzzy bunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Losing my whump
Posts: 22,697
Re: Comments to "W" from Bill Maher

And I think he's just ****ing with you guys...
__________________

__________________
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Re: Comments to "W" from Bill Maher
Old 06-06-2006, 05:42 PM   #23
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mesa
Posts: 3,588
Re: Comments to "W" from Bill Maher

Hey. *I just heard a rumor that Clinton lied . . . and it was under oath. *

I have to tell you that if this is true, it changes everything. *If it turns out that Clinton actually lied (and under oath) then I think it makes perfect sense to support a coke snorting AWOL national guardsman and multiple time failed businessman with less sense than a bag of doorknobs for President. *And no matter how much he runs up the deficit, or gets us into unjustified wars or fails to address national disasters, I will continue to support him. *I hope everyone follows my reasoning on this?

__________________
sgeeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Re: Comments to "W" from Bill Maher
Old 06-06-2006, 05:44 PM   #24
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
cute fuzzy bunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Losing my whump
Posts: 22,697
Re: Comments to "W" from Bill Maher

I think yer lyin'...
__________________
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Re: Comments to "W" from Bill Maher
Old 06-06-2006, 05:46 PM   #25
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mesa
Posts: 3,588
Re: Comments to "W" from Bill Maher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cute Fuzzy Bunny
I think yer lyin'...
Well . . . okay. You got me. But was I under oath?
__________________
sgeeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Re: Comments to "W" from Bill Maher
Old 06-06-2006, 05:47 PM   #26
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
cute fuzzy bunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Losing my whump
Posts: 22,697
Re: Comments to "W" from Bill Maher

I dont know, but I'm gonna bet you'd lie about whether you are or not.

__________________
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Re: Comments to "W" from Bill Maher
Old 06-06-2006, 05:49 PM   #27
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,005
Re: Comments to "W" from Bill Maher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cute Fuzzy Bunny
And I think he's just ****ing with you guys...
Ding! Ding! Ding! Let's see what he won...

Or I'm an immature idiot 26 year old. Actually I'm 25 still (even more immature : ). Yes, I lied on my profile to conceal my true birthday. I wasn't under oath, however.

In reality, I don't care what ole Slick Willy did with his girlfriend in the oval office. I just like throwing rhetoric out there. Seems like an appropriate response to anything that Bill Maher might have to say. It's no worse than any other one-sided political debate here regarding how stupid W is, or the war in Iraq.

If I had to redo my 2000 and 2004 votes knowing what I know now, I'd still vote for Bush. I prefer what he has done as compared to what Al "the intarnet" Gore or John Heinz-Kerry would have done. Liberals, rest assured, like you I'm also hoping for a better Republican candidate in '08. Heck, I may even turn coats and vote for a dem if I like their platform.

I did get CT to break and start using ad hominem attacks against me. Do I win the debate Or do I get banned for being a Troll?
__________________
justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Re: Comments to "W" from Bill Maher
Old 06-06-2006, 05:50 PM   #28
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mesa
Posts: 3,588
Re: Comments to "W" from Bill Maher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cute Fuzzy Bunny
I dont know, but I'm gonna bet you'd lie about whether you are or not.

I think your lyin'. *You couldn't find anybody to take that bet. *
__________________
sgeeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Re: Comments to "W" from Bill Maher
Old 06-06-2006, 05:51 PM   #29
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,005
Re: Comments to "W" from Bill Maher

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgeeeee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cute Fuzzy Bunny
I dont know, but I'm gonna bet you'd lie about whether you are or not.

I think your lyin'. You couldn't find anybody to take that bet.
Bettin' and lyin'. Where are our morals, gentlemen?
__________________
justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Re: Comments to "W" from Bill Maher
Old 06-06-2006, 05:59 PM   #30
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
REWahoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Texas Hill Country
Posts: 42,153
Re: Comments to "W" from Bill Maher

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin
I did get CT to break and start using ad hominem attacks against me.* Do I win the debate * Or do I get banned for being a Troll?* *
Justin, we've assigned a special investigator moderator to your account.* CT will be with you shortly.* Please stand by for further instructions.* In the event of an emergency, proceed to the nearest shelter and take cover.*

__________________
Numbers is hard

When I hit 70, it hit back

Retired in 2005 at age 58, no pension
REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Re: Comments to "W" from Bill Maher
Old 06-06-2006, 06:05 PM   #31
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Comments to "W" from Bill Maher

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cute Fuzzy Bunny
And I think he's just ****ing with you guys...
Ding! Ding! Ding! Let's see what he won...

Or I'm an immature idiot 26 year old. Actually I'm 25 still (even more immature : ). Yes, I lied on my profile to conceal my true birthday. I wasn't under oath, however.

In reality, I don't care what ole Slick Willy did with his girlfriend in the oval office. I just like throwing rhetoric out there. Seems like an appropriate response to anything that Bill Maher might have to say. It's no worse than any other one-sided political debate here regarding how stupid W is, or the war in Iraq.

If I had to redo my 2000 and 2004 votes knowing what I know now, I'd still vote for Bush. I prefer what he has done as compared to what Al "the intarnet" Gore or John Heinz-Kerry would have done. Liberals, rest assured, like you I'm also hoping for a better Republican candidate in '08. Heck, I may even turn coats and vote for a dem if I like their platform.

I did get CT to break and start using ad hominem attacks against me. Do I win the debate Or do I get banned for being a Troll?
Break? - You broke on your first post!
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Re: Comments to "W" from Bill Maher
Old 06-06-2006, 06:13 PM   #32
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
HFWR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lawn chair in Texas
Posts: 12,964
Re: Comments to "W" from Bill Maher

The beatings will continue unless morals improve... *:P

I don't get my political views from comedians, whether Bill Maher, George Carlin, or Ted Kennedy... *:

Clinton lied, and under oath. He was impeached, but there was no chance in hell he'd lose the vote and be removed from office, just as there's no chance in hell an amendment banning gay marriage will ever pass. I wish the f*** they'd quit wasting time on this BS...

Now back to "Crossfire"...
__________________
Have Funds, Will Retire

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Re: Comments to "W" from Bill Maher
Old 06-06-2006, 07:02 PM   #33
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mesa
Posts: 3,588
Re: Comments to "W" from Bill Maher

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFWR
. . .I wish the f*** they'd quit wasting time on this BS...*

Now back to "Crossfire"...*
I think the networks request these kinds of debates when they are short on reality shows to run during the week.
__________________
sgeeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Re: Comments to "W" from Bill Maher
Old 06-06-2006, 07:16 PM   #34
Recycles dryer sheets
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 105
Re: Comments to "W" from Bill Maher

I never met anyone 25 years old who'd had enough experience of the world to say anything of any merit whatsoever.

In your case, Justin, I have to assume anyone who's 25 and a neocon has serious emotional issues.
__________________
alphabet soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Re: Comments to "W" from Bill Maher
Old 06-06-2006, 07:27 PM   #35
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mesa
Posts: 3,588
Re: Comments to "W" from Bill Maher

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphabet soup
. . . I have to assume anyone who's 25 and a neocon has serious emotional issues.
. . . or was born incredibly wealthy. This neo-con administration is of the wealthy elite, by the wealthy elite and for the wealthy elite. I understand why billionaires would support them.
__________________
sgeeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Re: Comments to "W" from Bill Maher
Old 06-06-2006, 08:06 PM   #36
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,005
Re: Comments to "W" from Bill Maher

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphabet soup
In your case, Justin, I have to assume anyone who's 25 and a neocon has serious emotional issues.
I'm not sure I'd call myself a neocon. But I do have serious emotional issues with Clinton lying. Under oath!

I did receive a significant tax cut since GWB took office. I found a good white collar j*b. I've been able to support my family. Of course no one seems to give credit when/where credit is due.

Luckily, this IS America after all, and I get one vote just like you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphabet soup
"I never met anyone 25 years old who'd had enough experience of the world to say anything of any merit whatsoever."
This statement isn't surprising. You probably don't think anyone that is to the right of middle or younger or older than you has anything to say of any merit whatsoever. You've made a very broad generalization there. Any merit whatsoever? None?

Maybe we should raise the voting age to 26, just to make sure none of my fellow under-25 know-nothings taint your elections with their ignorance. I will have to warn you, I'm turning 26 soon, so you might want to go ahead and prevent anyone under 27 from voting. For democracy.

By the way, since you obviously have "had enough experience of the world" to be able to say stuff with some degree of merit, I have a simple question for you. At what age does one generally acquire "enough experience of the world" to be able to say stuff with merit, like you do? 40? 50? 60?
__________________
justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Re: Comments to "W" from Bill Maher
Old 06-06-2006, 08:10 PM   #37
Recycles dryer sheets
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 388
Re: Comments to "W" from Bill Maher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut-Throat
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin
You forgot to bring up the war in Iraq, Cut-throat.* *

He did lie though...
You didn't answer the question. - Which was - Why was Clinton put under Oath and what did having an affair with Monica have to do with it?* And please try to explain to me why this investigation was anything other than a political witch-hunt?* A little different than the needless war in Iraq where folks are actually dying!

I'll wait while you Google this bit of info and then you can get back to me.
Cut Throat,

Sorry, I used to be a federal employee. *If I had done what he did, I would have been fired. *If I had lied about it, I would have been fired. *That's why it's a big deal. *It was not a witch hunt. *I do not understand why people try to minimize that. *If you think that Bush has done something that is worthy of impeachment, then have at him, but don't try to say that Clinton did nothing compared to what Bush has done. *How can you say what Clinton did *is irrelevant but what Bush has done is not? *By the way, before you assume I am a Bush supporter, it might interest you to know that I did not vote for him in the last election.

setab
__________________
I told you I'd taunt you a second time.
setab is offline   Reply With Quote
Re: Comments to "W" from Bill Maher
Old 06-06-2006, 08:16 PM   #38
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Comments to "W" from Bill Maher

Quote:
If I had done what he did, I would have been fired.
Please tell me what he did.

BTW - It is irrelevant, because Clinton has not been president for 6 years, this thread was about Bush's incompetency, not about Clinton. If you want to discuss Clinton Lying, just start another thread. Just because Clinton may have lied does not not excuse Bush for running the country in the ditch. They're not related at all!
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Re: Comments to "W" from Bill Maher
Old 06-06-2006, 08:28 PM   #39
Recycles dryer sheets
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 388
Re: Comments to "W" from Bill Maher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut-Throat
Quote:
If I had done what he did, I would have been fired.
Please tell me what he did.

BTW - It is irrelevant, because Clinton has not been president for 6 years, this thread was about Bush's incompetency, not about Clinton. If you want to discuss Clinton Lying, just start another thread.* Just because Clinton may have lied does not not excuse Bush for running the country in the ditch. They're not related at all!
The thread is about much more than Bush, as evidenced by the continual references to Clinton. Clinton had sex with a subordinate in his work place...the oval office. Then he lied about the incident. If I had had sex with a subordinate in my office and lied about it, I would have been fired. Simple as that. I am not trying to excuse Bush, but I am not trying to exonerate Clinton either.

setab
__________________
I told you I'd taunt you a second time.
setab is offline   Reply With Quote
Re: Comments to "W" from Bill Maher
Old 06-06-2006, 08:37 PM   #40
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Comments to "W" from Bill Maher

Quote:
Originally Posted by setab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut-Throat
Quote:
If I had done what he did, I would have been fired.
Please tell me what he did.

BTW - It is irrelevant, because Clinton has not been president for 6 years, this thread was about Bush's incompetency, not about Clinton. If you want to discuss Clinton Lying, just start another thread. Just because Clinton may have lied does not not excuse Bush for running the country in the ditch. They're not related at all!
The thread is about much more than Bush, as evidenced by the continual references to Clinton. Clinton had sex with a subordinate in his work place...the oval office. Then he lied about the incident. If I had had sex with a subordinate in my office and lied about it, I would have been fired. Simple as that. I am not trying to excuse Bush, but I am not trying to exonerate Clinton either.

setab
Nothing illegal about Clinton having sex with a subordinate in his workplace. It was consensual. That was not the reason for investigation BTW.

The only people that referenced Clinton were the Bush defenders. Not relevant to Bush performance. They might be better served instead of saying 'Cinton lied' by saying "Hoover was worse" - Which I would disagree with, but at least the conversation would be relevant.
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The perils of technology-- got a $200 electric bill this month Nords FIRE and Money 23 05-28-2007 09:00 PM
Qaeda's Zawahri says Iraq bill shows U.S. defeat dex Other topics 9 05-07-2007 04:34 PM
Best Online Bill Pay? Mysto FIRE and Money 14 10-05-2006 09:32 AM
Bad news insurance bill Martha FIRE and Money 6 05-08-2006 10:37 AM
Poor Bill & Julie, @ age 60 w/$1M can't retire Telly Other topics 13 11-16-2003 05:31 AM

 

 
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:59 PM.
 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.