Join Early Retirement Today

Re: Comments to "W" from Bill Maher
Old 06-06-2006, 08:59 PM   #41
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I don't listen to Bill Maher for the same reason I don't listen to Rush Limbaugh. Both have political views that are so extreme that I can't find any entertainment from either one. The only difference is that Bill Maher delivers his message as a comedian and Rush delivers his message as a..........hmmmmmm.......not sure what he is, a self proclaimed expert of politics I guess.* *

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2006, 09:21 PM   #42
Recycles dryer sheets

Nothing illegal? I'm not so sure of that. Would it have gotten any other federal employee fired? Absolutely. Lying under oath, BTW, is illegal.

setab

Old 06-06-2006, 09:40 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by setab
Nothing illegal? I'm not so sure of that. Would it have gotten any other federal employee fired? Absolutely. Lying under oath, BTW, is illegal.

setab

Lying, lying, lying -- yes I know : - Can you move on.

You said what he did was illegal - All of legal pundits at the time agreed that he didn't do anything illegal.

The case started out about 'Whitewater' which was a witch hunt by Ken Starr - A big waste of money for nothing! There was nothing that was done that was illegal. The Investigation is what caused the crime. "Lying under oath" - The Prosecuters were the ones that should have been locked up!
Old 06-06-2006, 09:49 PM   #44
Recycles dryer sheets

Justin,
I will admit my remarks were harsh. They sound like an indictment of a whole generation. But, in fact, they are an indictment of a woefully inadequate educational system.

Some years ago, I recall a survey of American high school seniors revealed over 60% couldn't find, or identify, places like France, Scotland or Nicaragua on a map. American students consistently scored near the bottom in subjects like science, history, and math.

You, by virtue of nothing but your age, are likely the product of this system.

You may not know, understand or recognize the symptoms of a fascist goverment. Your comments suggest you're enamored of this administration because of tax cuts and a job. Are you aware of the financial train wreck that's coming? That is, if our environment doesn't kill us first?
Do you care?

There are a good many over 40 who know little or nothing of world history. You ,because of your age, have the chance to learn a few things. Maybe it's not too late to help bring about change.

Things are a lot worse than you can imagine. Don't think trading the liberty of your family is worth the new plasma TV you just bought on credit. *It's not.

By throwing up Clinton whenever legitimate concerns are expressed about this person in the white house, you reveal either your ignorance of what's going on or a simple desire to parrot the right wing shills you watch on FOXNews.

Clinton's no longer in office.
Get over it.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:43 PM   #45
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin
I'm not sure I'd call myself a neocon.* But I do have serious emotional issues with Clinton lying.* Under oath!*
I thought you just told us you were yanking our chain -- just a couple of posts ago. You started it off with the DING DING DING.

Quote:
I did receive a significant tax cut since GWB took office.
Maybe. But you might want to give some thought about that. In many states, reduced federal funding brought on by federal "tax cuts" have resulted in required state and local tax increases that are greater than the federal tax cuts. But even if that's not the case for you, you might question whether a "tax cut" without a spending cut is really anything more than a tax deferral. Someone's got to pay that deficit off eventually -- with interest. An interesting point to remember about that tax deferral is that the tax rates have been reduced more for the extremely wealthy than for the middle class. So when the time comes to pay off the deficit, guess who gets to pay more than they would have prior to those tax cuts?

Old 06-06-2006, 10:47 PM   #46
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgeeeee
I thought you just told us you were yanking our chain -- just a couple of posts ago. You started it off with the DING DING DING.
He's lying.

I think you are too.

I'd bet on it.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 12:05 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cute Fuzzy Bunny

He's lying.

I think you are too.

I'd bet on it.
I knew it. . . and this was just the confirmation we needed to impeach him.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:48 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphabet soup
I never met anyone 25 years old who'd had enough experience of the world to say anything of any merit whatsoever.

In your case, Justin, I have to assume anyone who's 25 and a neocon has serious emotional issues.
Wow, I really hesitate to criticize another here, but that may be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard on the internet. That says a lot

You will be sure to inform out soldiers returning from overseas that their life experiences don't justify an opinion yet

Old 06-07-2006, 06:06 AM   #49
Recycles dryer sheets

* If I had had sex with a subordinate in my office and lied about it, I would have been fired.* Simple as that.*
setab
How can you work under such oppressive conditions? You should retire or find another occupation. :
Old 06-07-2006, 06:08 AM   #50
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut-Throat
Quote:
Nothing illegal?* I'm not so sure of that.* Would it have gotten any other federal employee fired?* Absolutely.* Lying under oath, BTW, is illegal.

setab

Lying, lying, lying -- yes I know :* - Can you move on.

You said what he did was illegal* - All of legal pundits at the time agreed that he didn't do anything illegal.

The case started out about 'Whitewater' which was a witch hunt by Ken Starr - A big waste of money for nothing! There was nothing that was done that was illegal. The Investigation is what caused the crime. "Lying under oath" - The Prosecuters were the ones that should have been locked up!
Is it too late now?
Old 06-07-2006, 07:58 AM   #51
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non sequitur
* If I had had sex with a subordinate in my office and lied about it, I would have been fired.* Simple as that.*
setab
How can you w*rk under such oppressive conditions?* You should retire or find another occupation.* * :

Great idea. Oh wait, I already did. We needed a little humor is this thread. Thanks.

setab
Old 06-07-2006, 08:04 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut-Throat
Quote:
Nothing illegal?* I'm not so sure of that.* Would it have gotten any other federal employee fired?* Absolutely.* Lying under oath, BTW, is illegal.

setab
The Investigation is what caused the crime. "Lying under oath" - The Prosecuters were the ones that should have been locked up!
No, his desire to conceal the truth is what caused him to lie under oath.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:14 AM   #53
Recycles dryer sheets

Somebody slap me the next time I get sucked into a thread like this!

setab
Old 06-07-2006, 08:46 AM   #54

when you ask the president of the united states of america if he had consensual sex utilizing a cigar or if those stains on that dress are from his ejaculation, the duty of the president of the united states of america is to lie.

because there the duty applied not to the person, but to the office.

when a president of the united states of america tells the american people the reason for going to war, the duty of the president of the united states of america is to tell the truth.

because there the duty applied not to the office, but to the people.

"life should begin with age and its privileges and accumulations, and end with youth and its capacity to splendidly enjoy such advantages."~~mark twain - letter to edward kimmitt 1901
lazygood4nothinbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 08:54 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by saluki9
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphabet soup
I never met anyone 25 years old who'd had enough experience of the world to say anything of any merit whatsoever.

In your case, Justin, I have to assume anyone who's 25 and a neocon has serious emotional issues.
Wow, I really hesitate to criticize another here, but that may be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard on the internet. That says a lot

You will be sure to inform out soldiers returning from overseas that their life experiences don't justify an opinion yet
But Saluki, you're only 29 right? That means you can't possibly have anything to say with any merit whatsoever just like me. (Hyperbole folks). Maybe in another 10-20 years you'll obtain the wisdom to pontificate on important subjects like Clinton lied. Under oath.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:57 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgeeeee
Yeah, I was just yanking your collective chains. But that still doesn't change the fact that Clinton lied. Under oath!!!!!!!!111

Old 06-07-2006, 09:19 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurence
Hey, I have a great idea, let's revive the Gay Marraige debate again right before midterm elections! We haven't talked about it since-gasp!-the last election!
That Gay Marriage ban wouldn't have prevented Clinton from committing the act he committed and lying about it. Under oath.
OK, Justin is a bot. I have never seen such consistent, one-note answers from a real person. Oh, wait, I have...
Got retiree health care through your company? What if the company goes bankrupt? Retire and go RVing full time? RVs are not structurally sound. You'll die in a fiery crash. Retire and live overseas? What if you die? Aren't you worried about your body? No, I don't think I will be able to seeing how I am dead.
BunsGettingFirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 09:25 AM   #58

I am a bot. I can confirm. Under oath. 01010111010101111111 101 101010101111000000000000

Old 06-07-2006, 09:37 AM   #59

Given the concerns voiced in this thread, I have a solution. I'm proposing a consitutional amendment banning blowj0bs, period. It's deviant, and I don't think our founding fathers fought and died just so that we can have blowj0bs. Maybe they did, but I didn't read that in the Federalist Papers. It's time to correct that oversight in an otherwise perfect document, the Constitution of the United States, once and for all. I think I have a real shot of winning in '08.
Got retiree health care through your company? What if the company goes bankrupt? Retire and go RVing full time? RVs are not structurally sound. You'll die in a fiery crash. Retire and live overseas? What if you die? Aren't you worried about your body? No, I don't think I will be able to seeing how I am dead.
BunsGettingFirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 09:46 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunsOfVeal
Given the concerns voiced in this thread, I have a solution. I'm proposing a consitutional amendment banning blowj0bs, period. It's deviant, and I don't think our founding fathers fought and died just so that we can have blowj0bs. Maybe they did, but I didn't read that in the Federalist Papers. It's time to correct that oversight in an otherwise perfect document, the Constitution of the United States, once and for all. I think I have a real shot of winning in '08.
Sorry. The supreme court wouldn't allow an amendment like that. It would clearly be unconstitutional.