Join Early Retirement Today

Comments to "W" from Bill Maher
Old 06-06-2006, 11:15 AM   #1

Comments to "W" from Bill Maher

These were Bill Maher's closing remarks on his show the other night...as funny as it is it is very sad...

Quote:
Mr. President, this job can't be fun for you any more. There's no more money to spend--you used up all of that. You can't start another war because you used up the army. And now, darn the luck, the rest of your term has become the Bush family nightmare: helping poor people.
Listen to your Mom. The cupboard's bare, the credit cards maxed out. No one's speaking to you. Mission accomplished."

"Now it's time to do what you've always done best: lose interest and walk away. Like you did with your military service and the oil company and the baseball team. It's time. Time to move on and try the next fantasy job.

How about cowboy or space man? Now I know what you're saying: there's so many other things that you as President could involve yourself in.
Please don't. I know, I know.

There's a lot left to do. There's a war with Venezuela. Eliminating the sales tax on yachts. Turning the space program over to the church. And Social Security to Fannie Mae. Giving embryos the vote."

"But, Sir, none of that is going to happen now. Why? Because you govern like Billy Joel drives. You've performed so poorly I'm surprised that you haven't given yourself a medal. You're a catastrophe that walks like a man. Herbert Hoover was a useless president, but even he never conceded an entire city to rising water and snakes."

"On your watch, we've lost almost all of our allies, the surplus, four airliners, two trade centers, a piece of the Pentagon and the City of New Orleans. Maybe you're just not lucky. I'm not saying you don't love this country. I'm just wondering how much worse it could be if you were on the other side?"

"So, yes, God does speak to you. What he is saying is: Take a hint."
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: Comments to "W" from Bill Maher
Old 06-06-2006, 11:23 AM   #2
Recycles dryer sheets

It is not only sad, it is the truth.
Non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 11:36 AM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Bill Maher is a funny guy. Here are a couple of examples:

"The cable TV sex channels don't expand our horizons, don't make us better people, and don't come in clearly enough."

"We have been the cowards lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles away. That's cowardly. Staying in the airplane when it hits the building, say what you want about it, it's not cowardly."

Old 06-06-2006, 12:28 PM   #4
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

The thing that makes me love GWB is not the tax cuts, not the war on terrorists, and not his attempt to repeal the estate tax. What makes me really love him is how mad he makes leftists.

saluki9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 12:32 PM   #5
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Thanks for giving me a great line to use later, saluki9.....
Sarah

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 03:45 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by saluki9
The thing that makes me love GWB is not the tax cuts, not the war on terrorists, and not his attempt to repeal the estate tax. What makes me really love him is how mad he makes leftists.
Clinton got a blowjob.
eridanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 03:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by eridanus
Clinton got a blowj*b.
And LIED about it!!!!!111 He LIED! Under oath! Let's focus on the real issues here folks. He Lied!!!!!!!1
justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 03:56 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin
Quote:
Originally Posted by eridanus
Clinton got a blowj*b.
And LIED about it!!!!!111 He LIED! Under oath! Let's focus on the real issues here folks. He Lied!!!!!!!1
A politican that lied? - I'm shocked! - Just shocked, I tell you .

And can you tell me what the 'real issue' was that he was put under oath? - Because that is the REAL ISSUE ??

And the Cost to the Country for lying was?

The cost for the senseless investigation - Over 200 Million! - Did you cons get your money's Worth?

Old 06-06-2006, 04:00 PM   #9

You forgot to bring up the war in Iraq, Cut-throat.

He did lie though...
Old 06-06-2006, 04:18 PM   #10

Quote:

He did lie though...
You didn't answer the question. - Which was - Why was Clinton put under Oath and what did having an affair with Monica have to do with it? And please try to explain to me why this investigation was anything other than a political witch-hunt? A little different than the needless war in Iraq where folks are actually dying!

I'll wait while you Google this bit of info and then you can get back to me.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:21 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut-Throat
Quote:

He did lie though...
You didn't answer the question. - Which was - Why was Clinton put under Oath and what did having an affair with Monica have to do with it? And please try to explain to me why this investigation was anything other than a political witch-hunt? A little different than the needless war in Iraq where folks are actually dying!

I'll wait while you Google this bit of info and then you can get back to me.
So you should be able to lie under oath as long as you feel the person questioning you isn't staying on topic?

I'll try that next time i'm in court

saluki9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 04:22 PM   #12

Clinton lied!!!!!!11

And it was under oath!!!!!!1
Old 06-06-2006, 04:23 PM   #13
Give me a forum ...

I'm lying.

Guess if I'm under oath or not.

Then lets see if you can tell whether or not i'm lying about whether nor not i'm under oath or not.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 04:27 PM   #14

CFB, why are you trying to trivialize the fact that Clinton Lied!!!!! And he was under oath?
Old 06-06-2006, 04:30 PM   #15
Dryer sheet aficionado

In a recent interview Time magazine asked Bill if he was interested in running for public office.* His response:

"I think religion is bad and drugs are good.* Now go find me a campaign manager."
vinhmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 04:31 PM   #16

Quote:
CFB, why are you trying to trivialize the fact that Clinton Lied!!!!! And he was under oath?
What does Clinton lying about a cheap affair have to do with "W" running this country into a ditch? - If you actually voted for this Dork, it's time to throw in the towel and admit you were dead wrong.

News item - Clinton is no longer president and has not been for 6 years!

Old 06-06-2006, 04:33 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut-Throat
News item - Clinton is no longer president and has not been for 6 years!
Time doesn't wash away the truth - Clinton Lied! under oath.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:34 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Hey, and Kennedy had an affair! *Don't forget Bay of Pigs! *FDR gave eastern Europe to Stalin! *What else can I drum up from the past so you'll stop looking at the present situation! *

Hey, I have a great idea, let's revive the Gay Marraige debate again right before midterm elections! *We haven't talked about it since-gasp!-the last election!
laurence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 04:36 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurence
Hey, I have a great idea, let's revive the Gay Marraige debate again right before midterm elections! We haven't talked about it since-gasp!-the last election!
That Gay Marriage ban wouldn't have prevented Clinton from committing the act he committed and lying about it. Under oath.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:37 PM   #20
Give me a forum ...

The serious answer is that while I didnt vote for clinton or any other democrat, I thought the whole witch hunt was bullshit and whether he lied under oath or not was irrelevant. The issue was immaterial to his presidency and to the country, it was a personal matter. It certainly speaks volumes about his credibility and he definitely was a weasel.

But he was a pretty smart guy and I rarely was embarrassed to have him as the leader of my country. He seemed to have things running pretty well and not a lot went on that really disgusted me.

Seems to me that we have a lot of stuff going on right now that needs to be addressed, and its not getting done. And we're spending a lot of time on horseshit. I'm fairly disgusted.

I hope the republicans have a better candidate in '08 so I dont have to sit home again on election day.

Now back to the funny business...I may have lied in something I've posted. And i'm definitely under oath.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote