Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Computer problem: Cannot open my email service! What happened????
Old 12-26-2009, 06:26 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Computer problem: Cannot open my email service! What happened????

I use Safe-mail.net, because it's encrypted and I have so many secrets I'm passing on to other government's secret agents I need it. Regardless, I've used it since 1998 or so and never had any problem until TODAY: my password doesn't work! At all! And it's the same old password I've used for over a year, so it's not like it's new or I don't know it.
I wrote the company this morning and told them. One of their tech support fellows wrote back and said I didn't "know my password." Obviously, they are aware of my way below 80 i.q.
The other thought of the employee was my "keyboard had a problem", but it seems to be working fine after trying it over and over...and over.
So, after trying to open this service many, many, many times it did finally opened once. ONCE. And then would never open again. Despite repeated and repeated tries...and repeated tries.
Maybe the employee only worked half day today as it's a holiday weekend, but I have written two emails since being contacted by them and received no answer. I'll wait until Monday and see if he writes me back again.
So, before I start pulling my hair out of my head out of sheer frustration, I thought I would ask if anyone here ever had that happen to them and what the problem was?*

(*The only thing left for me to try is to get an air can and blow the keyboard in case somehow this is the problem, but I am getting the keyboard to type everything. How can the keyboard be the problem then?)
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-26-2009, 08:23 PM   #2

Orchidflower, one thing you can try is typing your password in, say, notepad, so you can see it. Then use copy and paste to enter it in your application.

Coach
Old 12-26-2009, 09:36 PM   #3
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
Orchidflower, one thing you can try is typing your password in, say, notepad, so you can see it. Then use copy and paste to enter it in your application.

Coach
This is a good suggestion
Old 12-26-2009, 10:12 PM   #4

Thanks. I got 4 email addresses open and another 2--ones that I use daily--that I can't open and, obviously, did not set the security password either. I'm beginning to think my goose is cooked with those two, which is a pity as one of them is one of the 2 most important email addresses I have. Well, I learned to be more careful about all this next time as this has been a no fun experience totally.
Don't even want to think of all the people who have the one address and all the stuff I'm loosing...brother!...so irritating.
However, this does not explain why my password that I use daily all the time doesn't work today. Just too weird.
Old 12-27-2009, 05:35 AM   #5
Full time employment: Posting here.

Do you type in the username each time you login or do you have the computer remember it? Sometimes the remembered name will become corrupt and retyping it will correct the problem.
Bruce
Old 12-27-2009, 06:33 AM   #6
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I am liking Coach's suggestion (or another computer or keyboard). It sounds like you are having problem with multiple accounts so something is wrong on your end.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:02 AM   #7

I type in my name and password myself.
And, by the way, I clean the machine daily with Spy Sweeper, McAfee and often with Malwarebytes, as well as update every single morning; so, I'm diligent about doing what I think I am supposed to do to keep this computer running clean and well.

OK, I used an old and out of date password and got into one of the accounts I use most around midnight last night, so something is definitely not kosher here. Regardless, this allowed me to forward all that mail on an account I use daily to a working address, so that I can contact all the suppliers like Amazon and so forth on that addresses' mailing list and tell them the new email address.
However, something is really wrong with this Safe-mail insofar as my account is concerned, and I will be closing it totally and finding a new email provider. In that vein, I am going to put another post up regarding another provider.

*****Thank you to all that have tried to help, but something--and I have no idea what--has ruined this service for me, and Safe-mail seems to have little concern about it, so.... Thanks all!!!!! I so appreciate your suggestions, but I guess this ultimately was just a lost cause for me, sadly, as I've used them since 1998. Not everything lasts forever I guess....