Join Early Retirement Today

Confessions
Old 03-02-2009, 11:04 AM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets

Confessions

I haven't the least idea why I am about to confess this but here goes; I find farts funny. I laugh every time. Every. Single. Time. I enjoy low-brow Animal House humor of every type. If I am depressed I watch the Tourettes scene from Duece Bigelow. If I am REALLY depressed, I go to Youtube and watch Trigger Happy Tv videos with British people dressed as giant rabbits having s*e*x in a laundromat or the Pearl the Landlord video. I will probably be banned from this board because most of you seem like such proper people who would never laugh at such juvenile things. Do you have something to confess?
shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2009, 11:18 AM   #2
Gone but not forgotten

I am crazy about chick flix movies . I have a huge collection and whenever I'm depressed I go to the movies for a sappy chick flix. I also love the British comedy "Absolutely Fabulous ". I have Dvd's of all their episodes and watch them when I'm down.
Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:22 AM   #3
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe View Post
Do you have something to confess?
...I really miss the Soapbox.
Westernskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:35 AM   #4
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

PostSecret

I read this blog and laugh and cry
travelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:42 AM   #5
Give me a forum ...

I really like McDonald's. I particularly like big macs. But I'm too cheap to pay $3 for a puny burger when I can buy a much superior burger elsewhere for $3. So I take the er, ah, frugal route. I order a double cheeseburger (now a McDouble) off the $1 menu. And then I politely ask, "Hey, and can you throw some Big Mac sauce on it?". Hardly ever an upcharge for the sauce, and occasionally $0.10 to $0.25.

Delicious burger for a buck. It's called the "Ghetto Big Mac", and is really good for those from the actual real ghetto (american, not german version). But I also have taken a liking to it. DW frequently gets embarrassed if I order it in her presence.

I did worry that I was crossing the line between frugal and cheap when we were in the McDonald's located inside the ghetto Walmart near us. An obviously homeless guy in rags walked up, ordered two double cheeseburgers, and then asked in a gruff voice "Yeah, and can you throw some big mac sauce on those?" DW's face was a bit red from shame after that because I had just ordered the same thing!

McDonald's - where else can you get a decent meal for a family of 4 for around $8?

That is my confession.
FUEGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:43 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Mixed martial arts.

As if you didn't know..If the above message contains medical content, it's NOT intended as advice, and may not be accurate, applicable or sufficient. Don't rely on it for any purpose. Consult your own doctor for all medical advice.
Rich_by_the_Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:49 AM   #7
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_in_Tampa View Post
Mixed martial arts.
Is your spell check working?
Old 03-02-2009, 11:51 AM   #8
Recycles dryer sheets

I confess that I have no idea what "mixed martial arts" are. Or is that "is"?
shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:59 AM   #9
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
...I will probably be banned from this board because most of you seem like such proper people who would never laugh at such juvenile things. Do you have something to confess?
I would definitely be banned from the board if I answer your question in complete and total honesty.
So I'll go with the abridged version - the very rare times I get dragged to Wally World with dh2b, and I see a person in clothing that is way too tight for their physique (like spandex bottoms and halter top), complete with megarolls in many places I won't describe...
it is a full control exercise for me not to say out loud...
"Did you ever look in the mirror this morning before you left the house?"

I know I'm supposed to be charitable and nice , but sometimes I just have to leave the aisle quickly before my thoughts come tumbling out.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:06 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
Is your spell check working?
They say that when you read things that aren't there it reflects your deepest thoughts. Kind of like analyzing a dream. Or a nightmare.

As if you didn't know..If the above message contains medical content, it's NOT intended as advice, and may not be accurate, applicable or sufficient. Don't rely on it for any purpose. Consult your own doctor for all medical advice.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:08 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
I confess that I have no idea what "mixed martial arts" are. Or is that "is"?
Here it is in all its glory.

Old 03-02-2009, 12:31 PM   #12
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_in_Tampa View Post
Here it is in all its glory.
Looks like something from Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:37 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Mixed martial arts is supposed to become very big in Arizona. They loosened the laws to allow it.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:38 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

UFC baby! I love that stuff. Randy "The Natural" Coture is the greatest. Boxing is so boring compared to this stuff. Bring the PAIN!
laurence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:41 PM   #15
Give me a forum ...

I dreamed last night that I was walking on my hands down my old high school corridor, stark naked.
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:41 PM   #16
Give me a forum ...

If I wanted to see mixed martial arts, or UFC-style fighting, I could have stayed working in my ex-FIL's bar...

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:45 PM   #17
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
I dreamed last night that I was walking on my hands down my old high school corridor, stark naked.
That would have DEFINITELY got you on the cheerleading team at my high school...........

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:52 PM   #18
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
what a crack-up...
Westernskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:54 PM   #19
Give me a forum ...

When I was 16, I couldn't figure out how boys rode bicycles... Six months later I saw a pic of a nude man, then I knew.......
Old 03-02-2009, 01:03 PM   #20
Give me a forum ...

I was 22 before I found out men's underwear had a hole in it!
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote