Congressional flu shots...don't you just love it?

Re: Congressional flu shots...don't you just love

A doctor group in my town won't even let the docs have flu shots unless more than half of their work in with people with infectious illnesses.

My wife is a nurse...she has been threatened with fines and/or prison if they give out flu shots to people not on the priority list...seems everyone connected to congress is on the priority list automatically...
FarmerEd, we go to a family practitioner in a tiny town nearby. She ordered enough vaccine (early) to give all of her existing patients flu shots, and is encouraging everyone to get one, just like she does every year. I didn't, and never have - even when I worked in a hospital setting. Anyway, my wife was in her office and asked her about it: She believes that she must always do what's best for her patients. Reactions to this shortage are all over the map, it seems.

Kinda moot in our area...all the hospitals and doctors ordered from the one supplier that isnt producing this year, so even if they wanted to give them out, they cant.

The one exception is Kaiser...they told my dad they have plenty of vaccine and will give shots to all of their local members.

I'm amazed at people on the news who waited hours to get one. One guy camped out overnight. A woman in her late 70's dropped dead after waiting in line for hours.

Crazy.

Ontario has given free flu shots for years. I have declined for whatever reason? :D I'm just me. I don't like needles. :eek: Mrs. Zipper works in a Cancer centre and pretty well has to get one. Neither of us has been sick in years. I'm taking my mother (85), aunt (87), and uncle (91) for their's in St. Thomas on the 30th. If I could, I'd give one of you guys my free one that I never use. :) Don't think we are smug here in the centre of the world. We had that SARS crap that was a nightmare in Toronto last year. :'(

Hi Zipper. We get free flu shots in Alberta too. I'm getting mine free through my company in November.

Yup free flu shots in Ontario. My company set up a day when a nurse would come by our office and gave the shots. I got my first shot last year and I am getting it again this year. Never really got a bad flu in my life (knock on wood) but I figure it doesn't hurt to take extra precaution. I hate being sick.

Jane

Oh and this morning on the news, I heard that Ontario clinics is setting up a date where Americans can come by and get their flu shots. Btw, do you (Americans) have to pay for that? If yes, how much?

Jane

A few days ago - blurb on the news about Washingtonians driving to British Columbia - I don't remember the price.

May have been same news blurb, but last night I heard they had a flu clinic set up in the Vancouver BC airport.
Shots were US $40 each.

I can't remember the last time I took a flu shot.
I got the flu 2 years ago and only took oscillococcinum, a homeopathic flu remedy and just waited until it went away. I did take some tylenol.

People are being just too panicky.

MJ

Back
Top Bottom