Cool Music Videos

Danny

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I'd like to have a place here at the forum where we can put some music videos out that we like and would like to share. A trip down memory lane or something new or a chance to see a piece of that concert we couldn't go to.

CCR - Born On The Bayou

Last edited:
My sister and I saw them in concert when I was 16 and she was 13. Grandpa was upset that my dad was "letting" us go, he was worried we were going to meet up with boys. :)

My sister and I saw them in concert when I was 16 and she was 13. Grandpa was upset that my dad was "letting" us go, he was worried we were going to meet up with boys. :)

:LOL: must have been fun, see them and the boys in Duluth?

Last edited:
Very nice, hadn't seen those. I'm a bit of a Faces and Stewart fan - I put 3 videos that you might like out on my site back in July - RS & The Faces
Keith Richards is on the last one in 1974 just before the Stones drafted Ron Wood - Rod is doing Elvis here also

interesting topic, but how does this rate a sticky?

And Punkrocker is the theme for the recent Cadillac commercials.

Good finds for me because I never heard either of those songs enough, and now I've downloaded them to my mp3 layers.

One big improvement of recent commercials is the revival of some great songs like this from the past.

Great group and lead singer had a lot of style...

Here's the one on the same show that pissed CBS & ED off...Light My Fire

Columbia Broadcasting System (CBS) network censors demanded that lead singer Jim Morrison change the lyrics to their hit single "Light My Fire" by altering the line, "Girl, we couldn't get much higher," before the band performed the song live on September 17, 1967 .(Morrison said "well what are we supposed to change it to!?" and the CBS producer said "I don't know, YOUR the poet!") The line was changed to, "Girl, we couldn't get much better". However, Morrison sang the original line, and on live television with no delay, CBS was powerless to stop it. A furious Ed Sullivan refused to shake the band members' hands, and they were never invited back to the show. According to Ray Manzarek , the band was told they would never do the Ed Sullivan show again; Morrison replied, " So what. We just did the Ed Sullivan Show "[13]—at the time, an appearance was a hallmark of success. Manzarek claims the band agreed with the producer beforehand but had no intention of altering the line.

Last edited:

I was at the 1985(?) Chicago NAMM (National Assoc Music Mfgs) show with some friends in the business. Emmett Chapman himself was demoing the Stick at his little booth. Got to talk to him, and he explained a lot about the instrument and how it is played, and he played it amazingly, jaw-dropping-ly well just for us. As we stood there in awe, practically invading his personal space. Talked with Tom Coster and tried to blurt out some appreciative words when I bumped into Dr Moog.

The DX7 was just out and I saw it at the show for the first time. Bought one within the month. Quite an achievement for an amateur musician, LBYM guy. Still have it. Hardly ever play it, hard to find the time now that I'm retired. ;)

So many great versions of 'Pork Pie Hat', Joni, Jeff Beck, the list goes on...

-ERD50

Back
Top Bottom