Cool, Really Cool, Sidewalk Art~ 3D

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
These unbelievable photos are chalk drawings done by Julian Beever and Kurt Wenner. Both Julian and Kurt have different styles to create an amazing 3D illusion.

Scroll down slowly and stop at each new frame. Julian Beever is an English artist who’s famous for his art on the pavement of England, France, Germany, USA, Australia and Belgium.
Most of his artwork it is impossible to tell whats real from what’s an illusion. Very cool stuff.
coke.jpg

Produced by Julian Beever
21850533_7249a93b0e.jpg

"Cocito" from the Chalk It Up Festival in Pasadena, CA.
Produced by Kurt Wenner – http://www.kurtwenner.com/biography.htm

21850513_7e9e0c3cad.jpg

My Fav is Below
The image below has been taken from a wrong angle:
wrongview-pool.jpg

swim.jpg

Remember, both his feet in reality are flat on the pavement

Amazing 3D Sidewalk Art Photos

All that work, only to be washed away as soon as it rains? Seems a shame...

Amethyst

Wow! Someone must have posted a similar link a while back, it seems familiar, but thanks for the update. This is really impressive.

I didn't see it on that site, but I wonder if they use a projector to get the image outline? That picture of the girl in the swimming pool is incredible, her leg stretches out for 20 feet or something, but looks like the normal beautiful long-legged woman from the intended viewing angle - it would seem very hard to do that w/o some kind of guide. I think I read that the big billboards were done that way, or with paper with holes that they blew some chalk dust through.

-ERD50

Back
Top Bottom