Join Early Retirement Today

Corporate Assimilation
Old 02-10-2005, 05:28 AM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets

Corporate Assimilation

So, we got some news here at work this Tuesday, which I saw coming literally a year ago. I work for a subsidiary of a large healthcare company, which went through an "IT Assessment" by corporate last spring. Basically that translates into big brother telling us how inadequate we are and that they are coming to take over. Anyway, we got the news Tuesday that we ( our IT staff ) will be reporting up through a new management structure and assimilated with corporate IT. I have been through this all before at a different subsidiary of the same company. I bailed for my current position, and layoffs and job reassignments followed with the staff that stayed. Like I said, I was prepared, so I applied for another position a few months ago. I just got an email for a second interview this Monday. I'd just rather choose what I want to do than be assimilated. I've worked closely with the new department of which we will become a part. They are total micro-managers and that project was the worst experience I have ever had in IT.

Just kinda venting I guess ... if there wasn't already a Dilbert comic strip, I'd sure have LOTS of material!
dunc0029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: Corporate Assimilation
Old 02-10-2005, 10:49 AM   #2

Re: Corporate Assimilation

Yep, I'm there now. On the upside, it takes the corporate office so long to do anything that much of the day I'm free to surf the net. Of course, our subsidary is the worse for it, as nothing much gets done now.