Correlation between avatar change & Mayan end of the world.

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
The rash of avatar changes lately has to mean something. Since the Mayan deal is newsy, and the avatar changes are conspicuously timely just preceding Dec 21, there must be a correlation. I think I saw the story on CNN or one of the networks. But does changing your avatar mean you're convinced Friday is the end, or vice versa? Which is it :confused:

Last edited:
But I saw it on the TV! Has to be something to it...

I do not see this as something jovial or positive. It's just another form of "Wh***!".

We are doomed!

Last edited:
I just changed mine today to choose a party-like stethoscope. Kindly offered by Alan in a different thread.

I could change this avatar to a speculum, but I don't think people would like this...

Midpack said:
The rash of avatar changes lately has to mean something. Since the Mayan deal is newsy, and the avatar changes are conspicuously timely just preceding Dec 21, there must be a correlation. I think I saw the story on CNN or one of the networks. But does changing your avatar mean you're convinced Friday is the end, or vice versa? Which is it :confused:

I do not see this as something jovial or positive. It's just another form of "Wh***!".

We are doomed!

Wheee! is completely jovial and positive! At least, yesterday my portfolio was at another all time high, and I am feeling jovial and positive. :D

My avatar change is simply an expression of good holiday wishes for all. Not being especially religious, I prefer the secular kind so I chose a South Louisiana Christmas parade marching band.

Last edited:
OMG! Now, you have said the word!

Blame it on me for bringing it up.

I am not religious either, and I do not think I am superstitious. How can it be superstition, if the cause and effect have been demonstrated several times now? The correlation between a Wh*** proclamation and the subsequent market crash has been 1, as far as we have tracked it.

All investors are toastally doomed!

OMG! Now, you have said the word!

Blame it on me for bringing it up.

I am not religious either, and I do not think I am superstitious. How can it be superstition, if the cause and effect have been demonstrated several times now? The correlation between a Wh*** proclamation and the subsequent market crash has been 1, as far as we have tracked it.

All investors are toastally doomed!

I did take advantage of the market to sell a poorly performing stock fund in my tiny Roth IRA yesterday. I just wanted to sell it when it was worth more than I put into it, which I was finally able to do.

My Roth IRA is where I do the feminine equivalent of UncleMick's "testosterone investing". I guess that would make it "estrogen investing". At any rate, it is a where I prove to myself that my wishes and hunches just don't pan out.

Last edited:
My avatar change is just because it is preceding Christmas.

After the world doesn't end I'm looking forward to the news stories about all the people who spent their last dime thinking it would.

I've never changed my avatar. Guess that makes me boring.

Actually, I just needed an excuse to get my 500th post on the board - my goal was to get here by the end of the year so I made it with days to spare.

I've never changed my avatar. Guess that makes me boring.

Actually, I just needed an excuse to get my 500th post on the board - my goal was to get here by the end of the year so I made it with days to spare.
After two years you still think an excuse - or something relevant - is needed to post? :D It's all downhill from here.

You know what is common about these new avatars?

When I look at them, all I see is red. Yes, red!

You know what color they use to show negative numbers?

OK. See why we are doomed now?

Oh my, it's December 21 and I didn't change mine. Oh no!

OK. I'm getting with the spirit. Here's a bigger copy of my holiday avatar so you can read the caption:

Attachments

• iz long story.jpg
    iz long story.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 6
Back
Top Bottom