Join Early Retirement Today

Costco Printer Ink refill
Old 05-28-2018, 12:00 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Costco Printer Ink refill

(As long as I have been using this site, I still can't figure out how to search -- no matter what. or how I put it in the "Search" box, I get a gagillion choices; none of which are useful.)

Anyway, has anyone used the Costco ink refill service? Costco Photo Center: Inkjet Refill Service

Quote:
Bring any supported, empty cartridges* to the Photo Center at your local Costco. Your cartridge will be refilled while you shop. Our high-tech system cleans, refills, and tests your cartridge. Receive your quality inkjet refill in an hour.
That sounds pretty darn convenient.

RonBoyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2018, 12:33 PM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Ron
I have used it a couple time for refills of a HP printer. No issues with the ink or life. Some HP printers will give you a warning notice about not being a genuine HP cartridge even if the original refilled cartridge is an HP product. Other than a nuisance, no issues with printer using.
Depending on your Costco, the refill process will take at least 30 min or longer, probably the biggest nuisance so would not recommend if you are a rush.

nwsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 12:54 PM   #3
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonBoyd View Post
(As long as I have been using this site, I still can't figure out how to search -- no matter what. or how I put it in the "Search" box, I get a gagillion choices; none of which are useful.)
If using a browser, be sure to use version two with the green screen. Then use the Google search box at the top.
Old 05-28-2018, 02:00 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonBoyd View Post

often using google externally and naming the site you want to search is more useful: (see top line search bar) https://www.google.com/search?source....0.g7fzSFmqKzw
kaneohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 02:08 PM   #5
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneohe View Post
often using google externally and naming the site you want to search is more useful: (see top line search bar) https://www.google.com/search?source....0.g7fzSFmqKzw
Thank you. Not very intuitive but seems to have worked. I will try that the next time. (FWIW, the green layout is not very pleasing to my blue eyes.)
Old 05-28-2018, 02:11 PM   #6

Yes I have used the service many times for HP Officejet. Sadly, they stopped refilling my 02 cartridges so I had to get a new printer! No issues at all.
6miths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 02:16 PM   #7

I looked at their prices for my canon inkjet. I usually just get a full set of non-OEM's from amazon for the price of 2 single costco refills.
Aerides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 02:24 PM   #8
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerides View Post
I looked at their prices for my canon inkjet. I usually just get a full set of non-OEM's from amazon for the price of 2 single costco refills.

Oh! Now there's a thought. Thank you very much!
Old 05-28-2018, 02:33 PM   #9
Give me a forum ...

Used Costco refill service several times and was not happy - leaked, ran out way too early, saving the cartridges in a baggy for a trip in was a PITA. Don't even remember the printer brand, but am much happier with the plain B&W lasers. Have refilled those toner cartridges myself several times after melting a toner access port but the aftermarket cartridges with new chip are so cheap I probably won't do that anymore.
Old 05-28-2018, 03:11 PM   #10

The last time I used the Costco refill service the refilled cartridge would not work in the HP printer so never again.

Currently I have a Canon that can use generic ink which is pretty cheap.
powerplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 10:14 PM   #11
Give me a forum ...

We've used Costco refills for ink cartridges several times and they worked fine ($10 vs $30). The $2 generics from Amazon for ink jet printing are even cheaper, if those are available. I have found for black and white printing a laser printer that takes generic ink to be the cheapest of all.

Even clouds seem bright and breezy, 'Cause the livin' is free and easy, See the rat race in a new way, Like you're wakin' up to a new day (Dr. Tarr and Professor Fether lyrics, Alan Parsons Project, based on an EA Poe story)
daylatedollarshort is offline   Reply With Quote