Costco yogurt

calmloki

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Did the normal Costco food buying run yesterday and they had dropped our normal Kirkland yogurt, replacing it with Chobani Greek yogurt. The cups don't fit our frig as well, but they claim 0% fat. 140 vs. 170 calories. Stiffer consistency, more sour yogurt taste, and no sugar.

It does claim to have evaporated cane juice however, which sounds pretty exotic. Maybe it's a Greek thing...

I eat the Chobani Yogurt everyday; it is Greek Yogurt so it does not have the sweet taste of the other yogurts. I really think it is better, I really like the Strawberry and Pomegranate' peach is good also.

The other Greek yogurt that Costco carries that we LOVE is FAGE. It is unflavored and we use it as a sour cream replacement.

Has the same consistency and almost the same flavor as full fat sour cream. It has 0 fat, lots of protein and is 0 weight watchers points until you get up to 1/2 cup.

It is super used as sour cream replacement in beef stroganoff, mixed with a little salsa and put on tacos...the uses are endless!!

sorry for the tangent...can you tell we love FAGE?? :D

I just started using the Chobani yogurt when I made tzatziki a while back. I tasted the yogurt plain and was very impressed :cool: with the flavor.
The yogurt will help me maintain my daily calcium intake while I tread the menopause path...:-\
I will take the suggestion to use it as a sour cream substitute. I love sour cream but my waistline objects to the fat and calories. :blush:

I stir butter into mine <jk> - weight loss is not something that's needed. The gal is making all kinds of vegetables and fish and such, leading me to emulate the "pants on the ground" crowd. She also likes the sour cream substitute idea. Time for me to make more bread to keep my carbs up.

Our Costco has carried Chobani brand for a long time. I love them, but wish Costco offered more of the other Chobani flavors (Pineapple and Black Cherry) are very tasty if you can find them locally.

I vote FAGE. We eat it every day with sugar free drink mix stirred in. 0 fat. Big protein. Wait, does this belong on the Dukan Diet thread?

I vote FAGE. We eat it every day with sugar free drink mix stirred in. 0 fat. Big protein. Wait, does this belong on the Dukan Diet thread?

almost all of the greek style yogurt i've tried is pretty good. i usually get the plain ones at trader joes. if i want to spruce it up a bit , i usually add
frozen fruit that i half defrost in the microwave and/or a drizzle of honey.

Fage gets my vote, too. Chobani in a pinch if Fage isn't available. Have used it for years as a replacement for sour cream in all my recipes. Of course, all by itself with drizzled honey and a few scattered walnuts... to die for.

Queen

Back
Top Bottom