Cougars???

Ummm....laughter, love, sex, romantic songs and tortillas. :smitten:

Now, if you will excuse me gentlemen, I must return to removing the carpet tack strips.......

It is unlikely she would be truly loving me, and what could we be talking about? What is in common??

I endorse Haha's response to this question.

Am I among the few on earth who value companionship more than sex?

Well, I don't know - never saw any stats. They're both very important. But I never was interested in the latter without the former, so waited till I could get them both in the same package :cool:

Amethyst

... But I never was interested in the latter without the former, so waited till I could get them both in the same package :cool:
Amethyst
Companionship without sex would be called friendship. However, sex tends to be over-rated in my view; people enjoy the novelty with something new, which invariably wears off.

Now, I do believe in love at first sight, simply because I have experienced that myself, in my youth. You don't know that somebody at first, so how to explain that strong feeling? How do you know if the two of you would be compatible? Love at first sight is not logical. But it was not all about sex; at least that was the way with me. I could not and cannot explain it.

Seriously, if one were to look to date again after being divorced or widowed, wouldn't one look in his or her age group first? Sexual desire asides, isn't compatibility more guaranteed by age? I myself do not see how I would get along with a "young thing". It is unlikely she would be truly loving me, and what could we be talking about? What is in common? Am I among the few on earth who value companionship more than sex?

I hate to disagree with you but my husband was a lot older than me and I was crazy in love with him . The fact that he was older rarely came up . So am I the forums official reverse Cougar ?

In one of my earlier posts, I said that I did not see that age was that big a factor. I added that, however, the chance for compatibility should be higher within the same age group. I also said that being a geezer before his time like I am, I find women in the 50-60 age group "too young" for me. I would have a hard time to catch up with them. I am much more mellow.

I hate to disagree with you but my husband was a lot older than me and I was crazy in love with him . The fact that he was older rarely came up . So am I the forums official reverse Cougar ?

No I do not think you are a reverse cougar.

Sheesh Moemg,

I was begining to think I had the only May December romance here! We can perhaps share the reverse Cougar title? We had a 30 year age difference and it was great in almost every way. His 2 oldest children never accepted me. Oh well! We had 13 wonderful years and I got to raise 2 great kids. I can honestly say that I was loved. Have been close to a few men my age and had a 30 year old trying to put the moves on. No one has sparked the intrest in too long.

Or in Spanish:

There's no tortillas.
There's only bread.
There's no tortillas,
And I feel so sad.
My grief, I cannot hide.
There's no tortillas,
For my refrieds.

(This is one of my favorite Texas Tornado songs but this cover will have to do.)

YouTube - There's no Tortillas
I think your Spanish lyrics must refer to "tortitas". "Tortillas" is quite another thing, at least here in Spain. It is considered our national dish on a par with la paella.:)

In Mexico a tortilla is a flat bread made from specially treated maize or wheat flour. These both are sold in almost every food market in the US, as well as in Mexico.

They are a staple of the Mexican diet.

For every time an American eats Spanish food, he eats Mexican food a hundred times.

Ha

I think your Spanish lyrics must refer to "tortitas". "Tortillas" is quite another thing, at least here in Spain. It is considered our national dish on a par with la paella.:)

No. The lyrics are correct. It is a little American humor. It was a parody written by the late great Lalo Guerrero to honor the even later and greater Elvis Presley.

I am/was unfamiliar with Tortitas. Is that what we call a Pancake? as in this recipe?

Paella is also very popular here in the US -- and, certainly, with me. It is one of those nutritious, inexpensive (LBYM) "peasant" meals that I have spoken of in other threads.

Haha and Ron: In Spain we usually call crepes to the "tortitas". For us a tortilla is an omelette, mainly one with fried potatoes inside it.

I Love this Forum. I can't believe how much I have learned [-]about [/-]from Cougars.

For us a tortilla is an omelette, mainly one with fried potatoes inside it.
Yes, such as I have eaten at a tapas restaurant. Spanish and Mexican cuisine have little in common.

Oh, I need to go browse my travel photos again, to reminisce of the good old days...

Though it is not directly related to the topic of this thread, a recent French movie came to my mind. It's "Priceless", starring Audrey Tautou (Amélie, Da Vinci Code), where a girl dating old men ended up running off with a guy dating a cougar. I found it entertaining, and the posh French Riviera back drop adds to the interests.

Seriously, if one were to look to date again after being divorced or widowed, wouldn't one look in his or her age group first? Sexual desire asides, isn't compatibility more guaranteed by age? I myself do not see how I would get along with a "young thing". It is unlikely she would be truly loving me, and what could we be talking about? What is in common? Am I among the few on earth who value companionship more than sex?
When I first met dh2b, I assumed he was older because he acted older and looked older. He had a lot of ridiculous stress in his life. :nonono:
When I found out later that he was 16 months younger, I was very surprised and of course teased him about respecting his elders. :whistle:
Age proximity is never a required rule, but in our case it is a good thing. We both act like teenagers and continue to nauseate people in public with our PDAs. "Get a room" is a frequent comment. :LOL:

"I can't believe how much I have learned about from Cougars."

I wish somebody could tell me what all this unknown sex stuff is, that 25-year-old men are supposedly eager to learn from 40-year-old women. Sex is one of the greatest inventions ever, but come on (no pun intended). There are only so many things you can do; they are all in "Joy of Sex" and thus accessible to anyone who can read; and any horny 20-something couple can run through most of them in a year. Then the second year is spent learning to do them more slowly and patiently so they are even more fun.
So, what is this great hoard of additional sexual knowledge, known only to 40-year-old women? I suspect yet another myth....

A.

"I can't believe how much I have learned about from Cougars."

I wish somebody could tell me what all this unknown sex stuff is, that 25-year-old men are supposedly eager to learn from 40-year-old women. Sex is one of the greatest inventions ever, but come on (no pun intended). There are only so many things you can do; they are all in "Joy of Sex" and thus accessible to anyone who can read; and any horny 20-something couple can run through most of them in a year. Then the second year is spent learning to do them more slowly and patiently so they are even more fun.
So, what is this great hoard of additional sexual knowledge, known only to 40-year-old women? I suspect yet another myth....

A.

Pfft sex. My question is can she cook and make a margarita.

Wait maybe not cook since Im good at that. Perhaps clean yeah can she clean and make margaritas! YAHTZEE!

I just take the sex part for granted. Who doesn't want that :D

Pfft sex. My question is can she cook and make a margarita.

Wait maybe not cook since Im good at that. Perhaps clean yeah can she clean and make margaritas! YAHTZEE!

:D

So, young men actually know all they need to about sex, and are really looking to older women to teach them how to clean and make drinks?? I guess I am learning a lot from the forum after all:ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom