Could you pass latest citizenship test?

I scored 95% (got 'em all except the Chief Justice), but I wouldn't have done nearly that well if it had not been a multiple choice test. However I noticed this phrase in the scoring table: "65-80%: Hey, you may make a good citizen yet! Look at your wrong answers and a little revision should do the trick.", and I think the author reveals him/herself as a Briton. Isn't "revision" the English English for what we call "studying" on this side of the Pond?

Yes, British kids revise for exams where US kids study. Good spot.

I scored 95% (got 'em all except the Chief Justice), but I wouldn't have done nearly that well if it had not been a multiple choice test. However I noticed this phrase in the scoring table: "65-80%: Hey, you may make a good citizen yet! Look at your wrong answers and a little revision should do the trick.", and I think the author reveals him/herself as a Briton. Isn't "revision" the English English for what we call "studying" on this side of the Pond?

After a little revision, I scored 100% Now I have an Masters in American History, courtesy of the internet! :LOL:

Also 95%; Congress must've snuck a few amendments in when I wasn't looking...

I did feel incorrect, though, picking Thomas Jefferson as the author of the Declaration. He shared that honor with John Adams.

My mother became a U.S. citizen at age 12. She remembered studying hard and being so proud she got all the questions right.

Amethyst

100%. Got lucky on a couple of them! You know...Remember the Arizona, and 27 skidoo. :)

95%. There are (many) more Weasels in the House of Representatives than I ever imagined.

Back
Top Bottom