Join Early Retirement Today

Craig Vows to Stay in Senate
Old 10-04-2007, 05:20 PM   #1
Full time employment: Posting here.

Good for the poor devil known as Craig, he should stay in the Senate.

It serves the Republicans right for throwing the poor devil under the bus and then attempting to force him to resign. It's not as though the poor devil killed a pack of dogs, molested interns or stole government funds - all the poor devil was guilty of was the "WIDE STANCE".

I ask you which is worse the poor devil's "WIDE STANCE" or Old George W being responsible for the thousands if not a million (give or take a person or two) of individuals being killed, wounded and maimed?

I for one would take the poor devil known as Craig with the "WIDE STANCE over Old George W's lies and half truths that got us into the Iraq War. Surley an alleged sexual advance can not be worse then getting us into a WAR in Iraq.

Give the poor devil a second chance to redeem himself in the eyes of his wife and the nation.

GOD BLESS
Wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2007, 06:03 PM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I hope Senator Craig manages to hang on, for several reasons. One, like you I don't think what he is alleged to have done is a legitimate crime. And two, we are going to need any Republicans we can muster when Hillary takes over the country.

Ha
Old 10-04-2007, 08:15 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

The guy seems to have a really hard time deciding who he is and what he supports, doesn't he?

Maybe that's the hallmark of a professional politician.

I'm sure it'll be the same for his voters...

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 08:22 PM   #4
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

I can think of only one positive for him to hang around: Leno and Letterman need the material.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:42 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
I can think of only one positive for him to hang around: Leno and Letterman need the material.
They'll get enough from the presidential candidates for the next 13 months, and after that they'll have all they can handle from First Gentleman Clinton...

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 12:00 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Boggles the mind, I can only speculate that the abandonment he faced from his Senate brothers made him fighting mad and so he has decided to try and salvage some legacy, even if it costs the GOP a seat or two in '08.

All I know is that there has never been a time my foot has gotten near another man's in a stall, and what's even harder to believe is that a lawyer didn't clearly understand what it meant to plead "guilty" to the charge.

I expect whoever gets the nomination on the GOP side will pass on any endorsements or campaign appearances.
laurence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 05:48 AM   #7
Give me a forum ...

Heheh, I think its great that Craig decided to stay in the Senate. Keep reaching for that rainbow, buddy!

Its like Gonzalez staying on for so long as Atty. General: the longer you stick around and the bigger the embarassment you are, the more low hanging fruit you offer up to your party's political opponents.

- George Orwell

Ezekiel 23:20
brewer12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 06:39 AM   #8
Give me a forum ...

My mamma told me "The more you stir a turd, the more it stinks".
travelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 06:50 AM   #9
Recycles dryer sheets

Thankfully vows dont keep you in Congress.
ChemEng is offline   Reply With Quote
Craig vows to stay in Senate
Old 10-05-2007, 07:04 AM   #10

Craig vows to stay in Senate

Let's see it appears that so far there are 3 in agreement that the poor devil should not resign and stay in on the Senate.

I am in agreement the Republicans should not have thrown the poor devil known as Craig under the bus. It does appear that they might have just pi$$ed off the poor devil.

I ask you which is worse the poor devil's "WIDE STANCE" or Old George W being responsible for the thousands if not a million (give or take a person or two) of individuals being killed, wounded and maimed?

I for one would take the poor devil known as Craig with the "WIDE STANCE over Old George W's lies and half truths that got us into the Iraq War. Surley an alleged sexual advance can not be worse then getting us into a WAR in Iraq.

Which is the greater sin the loss of thousands of lives or an alleged sexual advance?:confused:

In the end I hope that the compassionate conservative Republicans will allow the good people of Idaho to be the deciders of whether or not the poor devil is again elected to represent them.

Give the poor devil known as Craig a second chance to redeem himself in the eyes of his wife and the nation. Afterall America is the land of second chances.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:05 AM   #11
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

travelover, does the same hold true if it's "shaken not stirred?" Bond James Bond

I vote he stays, for these reasons:
1. Hillary will win (foregone conclusion in our meetings) and she'll use him as an example for healthcare reform.
2. It will give my First Homeboy Bill a carte blanche on his bathroom hijinks.

Rodham Power - Hillary 2008-2016 Just Imagine, Just Accept It
Attached Images
File Type: gif powell_bush_ahmadinejad_500.gif (89.9 KB, 1 views)
OldAgePensioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 07:28 AM   #12
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldAgePensioner View Post
Rodham Power - Hillary 2008-2016 Just Imagine, Just Accept It
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:48 AM   #13

Not to hijack the thread but a big seller here on the streets of Manhattan is a collector set of campaign buttons which we in the HRH campaign office made.

Buttons like:
1. Picture of Rudi with his cell phone and a prison cell with "Why not both?"
2. Obama with Oprah and "Double-zeros in the White House?"
Old 10-05-2007, 10:01 AM   #14
Give me a forum ...

I too am glad Craig has decided to serve his term. It will be interesting to see if he runs again. Frankly his seniority has real value to Idahoans, will they vote their 'values' or their interests?
Old 10-05-2007, 10:11 AM   #15

I Knew It!

It WAS all GWB's fault!

Mike D.
MikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 11:37 AM   #16
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brat View Post
I too am glad Craig has decided to serve his term. It will be interesting to see if he runs again. Frankly his seniority has real value to Idahoans, will they vote their 'values' or their interests?
Sen. Craig (and Rep. Bill Sali, but he's another story) represent me as well.

I believe Craig said yesterday that he will not run again when his term is up. But I don't really expect the guy to keep his word any more.

I don't see how he can be effective as a Senator anymore.

I do think him not resigning is helpful to the Democrats.

It was suggested to me that if he stays in office through the rest of his term he gets a bigger pension and that was the reason for him staying.

Not going to comment on Wags' Craig/Bush other than to point out that it is a false dichotomy.

2Cor521
"At times the world can seem an unfriendly and sinister place, but believe us when we say there is much more good in it than bad. All you have to do is look hard enough, and what might seem to be a series of unfortunate events, may in fact be the first steps of a journey." Violet Baudelaire.
SecondCor521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 04:04 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondCor521 View Post
Sen. Craig (and Rep. Bill Sali, but he's another story) represent me as well.

I believe Craig said yesterday that he will not run again when his term is up. But I don't really expect the guy to keep his word any more.

I don't see how he can be effective as a Senator anymore.

I do think him not resigning is helpful to the Democrats.

It was suggested to me that if he stays in office through the rest of his term he gets a bigger pension and that was the reason for him staying.

Not going to comment on Wags' Craig/Bush other than to point out that it is a false dichotomy.

2Cor521
It appears that the count is now up to 5 that the poor devil remain in office and finish out his term.

As for it being a false contradictation the simple question remains who would one rather keep Old George W who is responsible for thousands if not millions of OUR TROOPS and Iraqi civilians being killed, wounded and maimed, OR the poor devil known as Craig who pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor for the "WIDE STANCE" ?

I for one would take the poor devil over Old George W, because at least he (the poor devil) does not have BLOOD on his hands. Last time I checked being a hypocrite is/was not a crime.

The Republicans were quick to throw the poor devil under the bus for a misdemeanor but in the case of Old George W who has mismanaged the Iraq War and been a party to death and peril the Republicans choose to support him until the bitter end. One does have to wonder where the moral compass was lost.

GOD BLESS
Old 10-05-2007, 04:31 PM   #18

Good POINTS all,
it's....not only false DICHOTOMY, it's fake.

QUOTE: waG.....s
"As for it being a false contradictation the simple question remains who would one rather keep Old George W who is responsible for thousands if not millions of OUR TROOPS and Iraqi civilians being killed, wounded and maimed, OR the poor devil known as Craig who pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor for the "WIDE STANCE" ?"

I agree, hombre es parotty, FALSEYs are.... a contradickion. SIMPLE, no, please...... don't my ....friend to underestimate.... yourself.

You mention the......WiDE sTanCE.....good onya MATEY. When the lightning strike where.... the woodbine twineth, GWB will KILL a MoCkInG Bird.

You..... have REvealed a lot and you have several...... who've taken you into their hearts. Go free WAgS. Go FREE.

Sorry but I was just running a sprint in the gym before posting, saheeb.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:41 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldAgePensioner View Post
Good POINTS all,
it's....not only false DICHOTOMY, it's fake.

QUOTE: waG.....s
"As for it being a false contradictation the simple question remains who would one rather keep Old George W who is responsible for thousands if not millions of OUR TROOPS and Iraqi civilians being killed, wounded and maimed, OR the poor devil known as Craig who pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor for the "WIDE STANCE" ?"

I agree, hombre es parotty, FALSEYs are.... a contradickion. SIMPLE, no, please...... don't my ....friend to underestimate.... yourself.

You mention the......WiDE sTanCE.....good onya MATEY. When the lightning strike where.... the woodbine twineth, GWB will KILL a MoCkInG Bird.

You..... have REvealed a lot and you have several...... who've taken you into their hearts. Go free WAgS. Go FREE.

Sorry but I was just running a sprint in the gym before posting, saheeb.
Thank you for "Go Free Wags. Go Free." I needed to be FREE.

"Thank God Almightly that I am FREE at last". Hopefully I did not steal the quote from MLK.

You are right all good points, it is nice to be able to post back and forth with people who agree and disagree with one's point of view or with one's way of thinking. I for one am glad that we live in such a democracy.

GOD BLESS
Old 10-05-2007, 04:50 PM   #20

In Australia we have a saying:

"Your either a Wog or a dog. Mate." I too love the Western ways of having intercourse with like-minded friends, if I can call you friend.

Even Bush is a man worthy of our love and forgiveness because in my heart it is like the date to my camel.

PEACE BE UPON YOU