Apparently the profits are rolling in at Craigslist. I saw this ad for employment, I believe the jobs are in SF specifically. They don't divulge what the actual pay rate might be, but I'd say the other benefits are fairly generous.
"in addition to competitive cash compensation, craigslist provides the following benefits:"
- craigslist pays 100% of employee's (and any eligible dependent's) health and dental insurance;
- craigslist pays 100% of employee's covered out-of-pocket healthcare expenses ($3K, $5K or $7K annually, depending on # of eligible dependents);
- 401(k) matching program (up to 6% of employee's salary), with immediate vesting;
- 3-to-1 match on employee's charitable donations (up to 10% of an employee's salary);
- life insurance;
- short and long term disability insurance;
- employee assistance program;
- 4 weeks of paid time off annually;
- 8-10 paid holidays;
- monthly transportation stipend;
- monthly wellness stipend;
- monthly technology stipend for mobile phone and at-home DSL (tech staff only);
- breakfast, lunch, fresh fruit and healthy snacks daily;
- in-office yoga;
- in-office bicycle parking;
- coffeebot 9000!
"For those about to rock, we salute you"
So where does most of Craigslist's income come from? Is it from businesses that post ads? I see lot's of cheaters, meaning businesses that post ads as private individuals (ex. real estate brokers posing as "owners") etc. Just curious. All I know about CL is free ads I've posted.