Credit Reports

DRiP Guy

Full time employment: Posting here.
I am sure I am preaching to the choir, but just wanted to mention (since I had not seen it so far) that this is a good time to start your free annual credit reporting.

Most of you already know how and have done it, but you may have ordered all three at the same time. I prefer to order them one at a time, rotating vendors every four months, so that all reports through the year are free, but I still stay in touch with any possible activity.

Watch out for screens that try to sell you extra stuff -- you can almost see the grimaces on the face of the corporate vampires as they see you trying to traipse through their site without incurring any charges. They may have to do it, but they don't have to make it easy, and they are apparently allowed to spam you while you do it. It is worth the effort to keep on top of it. I saw a 'hard hit' from Penn Fed related to my recent CD purchase decision. Seems weird that they should check my credit when I am giving them money, but hey, what do I know :confused: :crazy:

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

Then they can bombard you with screen you for pre-qualified credit card offers?

-CC

I get a copy from all three agencies on a quarterly basis with my FICO score through a credit reporting agency. It cost me about 9 dollars per month but is worth it for me since I was a victim of fraud

Back
Top Bottom