Crossing the border.....the difficult way!

That was to get back into the US.
True.

DW/DS came back from a tour in Canada today. She said it took over an hour to get through passport control at the airport on the Canada side. When they went into Canada (last Sunday) they basically just walked through passport control.

It looks like they are looking closely at everybody who is trying to get into the U.S.

There were a lot of parties and street events in Sarasota to celebrate the event since the Wallenda's live here and are part of Sarasota's circus heritage .

True.

DW/DS came back from a tour in Canada today. She said it took over an hour to get through passport control at the airport on the Canada side. When they went into Canada (last Sunday) they basically just walked through passport control.

It looks like they are looking closely at everybody who is trying to get into the U.S.
And if passport control happened on the Canadian side, it was US people impeding you. Flying out of Toronto, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver and possibly a few others means clearing US customs (and passport control) on the Canadian side of the border. The guys who do it are US gov't employees and (I assume) US citizens. Generally, I've found them fairly quick, efficient and friendly. A few weeks ago we returned to Canada from Eastern Europe. We took a "short cut" through the US. All I can say is "NEVER EVER GO THROUGH US IMMIGRATION AT JFK" if you have less than 5 hours to change planes. We had 4 hours, we made our connection, our luggage didn't. Of the 4 hours, we spent 3 in the immigration line-up.

Back
Top Bottom