Cruise control

Ted "I didn't know the song was about drugs" Nugent... :p

Obscure reference to the '60s Amboy Dukes' song "Journey to the Center of the Mind".

My aunt has my uncle's very old Byrdland in the closet somewhere; keep hoping she'll give to her favorite nephew... 8)

Or at least to the only guitar player in the family... ;)

This morning I read about an anthropologist who studies monkeys in the hopes of discovering more about human behavior. Seems like monkeys groom the "Tom Cruise"s in their group and behave best around the group leaders. Some humans respect or idolize the glamorous.

Then I read about Holocaust files being finally made available. Just a glimpse into the utter depravity the human soul can sink to. Then I get an email from a friend of mine in Ohio who forwards anything he gets from his right leaning religious/political idols. This one had to do with blacks demanding Colt 45 handouts in Katrina-like situations.

Then I thought about the nutcases who abuse children, the prison guards who abused their prisoners in Iraq, or our troops killing whole villiages in Vietnam, or the folks who drank Kool-Aid with Jim Jones. Now I'm thinking I will still have to listen to Bush spew for more than two years.

I am truely depressed.

Elderdude said:
This morning I read about an anthropologist who studies monkeys in the hopes of discovering more about human behavior. Seems like monkeys groom the "Tom Cruise"s in their group and behave best around the group leaders. Some humans respect or idolize the glamorous.

Then I read about Holocaust files being finally made available. Just a glimpse into the utter depravity the human soul can sink to. Then I get an email from a friend of mine in Ohio who forwards anything he gets from his right leaning religious/political idols. This one had to do with blacks demanding Colt 45 handouts in Katrina-like situations.

Then I thought about the nutcases who abuse children, the prison guards who abused their prisoners in Iraq, or our troops killing whole villiages in Vietnam, or the folks who drank Kool-Aid with Jim Jones. Now I'm thinking I will still have to listen to Bush spew for more than two years.

I am truely depressed.

Go listen to some Beethoven and read Stranger in a Strange Land. There is animal in us but there is greatness too.

Martha said:
Go listen to some Beethoven and read Stranger in a Strange Land. There is animal in us but there is greatness too.

That's nice. Well put as usual.

JG

I loved Heilein as a 'yout.' Somehow the joy of SF went away for me in the seventies. People seemed to write for Star Trek after that, rather than the imagination. Or maybe I just couldn't get past the the pictures of Monsters molesting maidens on the newer paperbacks. Or maybe Watergate ruined my belief in a bright future for mankind.

Get to mars? Hell, we can't get filled up at the gas station nowdays.

Beethoven? He lost his hearing a little earlier in life than I did, but is not a good solution for me. Maybe Twinkies and a beer.

Back
Top Bottom