Join Early Retirement Today

Old 01-07-2010, 09:25 AM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

An e-mail from a friend I surveyed on this topic:
"yes they are all hot. I have never been a fan of rail thin women and like some meat on those bones. And I have dated women heavier than these too. But yes all of these women are HOT HOT HOT"
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2010, 09:41 AM   #22

DH first says "they're all pretty"

Then he says, "hmmm...interesting"

Pretty noncommittal, doesn't want to get himself in trouble. LOL. Today is our 15th anniversary. He has learned well over the years!

(55, married; Mr. Simple Girl, 59. FIRED 12/31/19!)
simple girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:44 AM   #23
Full time employment: Posting here.

To me a 5'6"-5'9" woman with about 125lbs +/- 10, would be perfect bedroom material. And I would be equally turned off by a 30 lb underweight as I would a 30 lb overweight. BUT, given the choice between the two extremes, I'd take the 30 lb overweight.

So my vote is the ladies in the linked pictures are upper limit as far a sexual attractiveness is concerned.

BUT ALSO, I be very much happier to wake up with any of those pulchritudinous, callipygian lasses and hear her ask, "how about we ride along PCH on our Gold Wings and find lunch and maybe a movie tonight after our yoga session and then I'll pin you to the bed and ......." [ insert your fantasy]. Versus, waking up with a 5'7" 120lb bimbo who said, "hand me my cigarettes will ya hun, I got a bad cough this morning, and turn on the television for me, Jerry Springer is on. Darn is this my last 3 boxes of chocolates, these will all be gone by the time Oprah comes on and I'll need some to get me thru my four favorite reality shows tonight, but don't worry we can have sex next week."

Just saying.
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:14 AM   #24
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
...Nothing against bigger girls, I've known more than a few in my time, and the size 16 girl in the photo here is just fine with me. She's big, but she looks like she's in shape and hasn't packed on any unnecessary pounds.
Sorry, folks, but using my own tall and well proportioned build as the datum ,
...the alleged Miss Size 16 is probably closer to a size 20.
...the alleged Miss Size 12 is much closer to a size 18 (my own size).

I used to sew all my clothes, so I know womens' sizes.

This thread is a real eye-opener, guys. Good stuff.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:26 AM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple girl View Post
DH first says "they're all pretty"...
Pretty noncommittal, doesn't want to get himself in trouble.
The question "Does this dress make me look fat" keeps popping into my mind...

As if you didn't know..If the above message contains medical content, it's NOT intended as advice, and may not be accurate, applicable or sufficient. Don't rely on it for any purpose. Consult your own doctor for all medical advice.
Rich_by_the_Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:42 AM   #26

I have always found slim, athletically built women attractive. I guess that's from my long association with competitive swimming. The women in the OP's picture are nice looking, just not my preferred shape.
grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:01 AM   #27
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
DH first says "they're all pretty"

Then he says, "hmmm...interesting"

Pretty noncommittal, doesn't want to get himself in trouble. LOL. Today is our 15th anniversary. He has learned well over the years!
I LOL'd at his response, as that would be mine to DW's inquiry.

They all look fine to me. I mean fine as in acceptable and also FINE!

I was thinking about this same thing today while waiting on my Taco Bell order. They have an ad campaign for some of their healthy tacos (don't laugh!). A woman claims to have lost 50 pounds eating said healthy tacos. They showed a pic of her in a bathing suit on a boat as the "before" pic, and then her current slimmed up pic where she is 50 pounds lighter. She looked decent in the "before" pics and since all her clothes were on in the after pics, you couldn't really tell how nice her body looks.

I wonder where the ladies of classic beauty would fall on the size chart? I mean the naked roman sculptures and the paintings from the renaissance of women lying naked on couches?
Old 01-07-2010, 11:06 AM   #28
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUEGO View Post
...I wonder where the ladies of classic beauty would fall on the size chart? I mean the naked roman sculptures and the paintings from the renaissance of women lying naked on couches?
Ask and ye shall receive...
See Venus at the Mirror here Big Beautiful Woman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A size 22 if I ever saw one.

Disclaimer: Remember I'm a woman when you read my posts.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:12 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_in_Tampa View Post

Yes, that's exactly the look he had on his face!

(55, married; Mr. Simple Girl, 59. FIRED 12/31/19!)
simple girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:16 AM   #30
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Yes, that's exactly the look he had on his face!
I hope for his sake he can rattle off "No honey, of course not" and keep a straight face.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:23 AM   #31
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUEGO View Post
Originally Posted by Rich_in_Tampa

Fuego says:
I hope for his sake he can rattle off "No honey, of course not" and keep a straight face.
"Really? You mean I look fat even without the dress?"

As if you didn't know..If the above message contains medical content, it's NOT intended as advice, and may not be accurate, applicable or sufficient. Don't rely on it for any purpose. Consult your own doctor for all medical advice.
Rich_by_the_Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:29 AM   #32

Freebird, how tall are you? At 5'2 and a size 4/6, I was amazed at how large the sizes listed were in the article - especially the pic of the three women (off the rack sizing, not pattern sizes - I sew too - and pattern wise, I am a 8/10/12) I see clothes in the "women's" section, and those ladies pictured seem to be a bit small for them!
Old 01-07-2010, 12:20 PM   #33
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireup2025 View Post
Freebird, how tall are you? At 5'2 and a size 4/6, I was amazed at how large the sizes listed were in the article - especially the pic of the three women (off the rack sizing, not pattern sizes - I sew too - and pattern wise, I am a 8/10/12) I see clothes in the "women's" section, and those ladies pictured seem to be a bit small for them!
I am 5'7", 175 lbs, and built solid from years of playing sports. Not muscular, just well toned except for a few problem areas.
My size at weight 135 in high school was size 14/16. My size now is 18.
I am not overweight, just curvy.

For a petite woman, yes, the sizes would seem big.

For larger gals like me, the sizes in the pic were too low for WOMENS sizes, not misses. Once the size goes above 16, it's a whole new world.
Remember womens' sizes have a lot more to do with bust measurements, shoulder breadth and arm length than misses' sizes under 16.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:30 PM   #34
Recycles dryer sheets

Curvy girls can certainly be pretty and attractive.

But if I'm honest, I have to admit that many women become unattractive when they gain weight, like one of my ex girlfriends who became (very) obese. As far as I know she's been single for many years now. I feel very sorry for her because she can't stand being alone and is one of the nicest people I know.

I saw this image called "Junk Food America" today and it made me think about this thread and come back here:
http://www.myconfinedspace.com/?attachment_id=119217 (for those who are not yet retired: this image is slightly NSFW and the site sometimes features very explicit banner ads)
Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:27 PM   #35
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_in_Tampa View Post
Jeff Foxworthy has a great line. His wife asks "Do I look fat?" He pauses and replies "Do I look stupid?".
ksr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:39 PM   #36

I just read that the AVERAGE woman's size was now a size 16. Yes, I said SIXTEEN.
Used to be a 14, so what happened to that I have no idea.

So, how would everyone feel about seeing more average sized women--which is now a size 16 in America--appearing in advertisements? Would these Rubenesque women get some reaction from you? They are the average woman after all.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:45 PM   #37
Dryer sheet aficionado

When I read “I've fallen into one of her rolls” my mind started to think I was going find something different.

To me it’s more about what’s in the inside of someone not what they look like. But what they look like plays in the beginning of if people get to know each other.

I always dated girls that looked to with in 30 pounds of my own weight.
wasgotfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:52 PM   #38
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasgotfire View Post
I always dated girls that looked to with in 30 pounds of my own weight.
I always dated any girl that would have me

I couldn't understand how they could resist me, but they did

I mean, ladies, could you resist this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Alan in 1973.jpg (22.0 KB, 3 views)
Old 01-07-2010, 04:00 PM   #39

Why is it that guys want all their women to be trim even when they themselves aren't. Seems like the guys are the ones making the judgements here and probably because it's always the way the man wants his woman. Wonder what he thinks of himself. Take me for example: 73 years old, 6' 3", 228 lbs and not all in the right places. I've got the normal tummy and a 40" waist. No excess flab but what right do I have to demand that my "woman" be 5' 3" and 110lbs with a set of 36's like she was. She's now 71 and no way can be like that. We love each other like we are and just remember the good old days. Sizes are wierd. Take my grandson: he's 21 years old, 6' 5", 265 lbs not all in the right places and he loves big women. I mean chunky ones. I never understood that but he says that's just way he is. Can't stand skinny women. To each his own.
Carry on!
JOHNNIE36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 04:01 PM   #40
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchidflower View Post
I just read that the AVERAGE woman's size was now a size 16. Yes, I said SIXTEEN.
Used to be a 14, so what happened to that I have no idea.

So, how would everyone feel about seeing more average sized women--which is now a size 16 in America--appearing in advertisements? Would these Rubenesque women get some reaction from you? They are the average woman after all.
Appearing in ads? Sure. Appearing in ads wearing bikinis and other revealing clothes? Not so much.

Then again, I don't much care for all of the starved women that look like they are 14 because they have dieted or barfed up every last ounce of bodyfat.

- George Orwell

Ezekiel 23:20
brewer12345 is offline   Reply With Quote